singlehanded women liveaboards

sailor mcgee

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Is it?

Us tower bell ringers are constantly being called campanologists. We call ourselves simply 'ringers'.

There have been a few one-armed ringers.... 

Are you a ringer too then??

I know this should be in the joke thread but as this thead has gone off piste:

The scene is the cathedral of Notre Dame 

Quasimodo has rung his last bell and the Bishop is looking for a new ringer.

After a day of interviews no one has come up to the mark.

The Bishop is just about to close the door when he sees a man with no arms there.

The man says I've come to apply for the job as bell ringer.

The bishop wonders how a man with no arms can do the job, anyway he is so desperate he decides to give him a trial.

The man climbs into the belfry and plays a beautiful peel on the carillon using his face.

The bishop immediately offers him the Job.

The man is so thrilled he steps back, trips and falls to the ground.

By the time the bishop runs down the stairs a crowd has gathered round the poor dead man.

One person says to the bishop "who was he?" 

The bishop says I don't know but his face rings a bell.

With a heavy heart the bishop is about to close the doors and another man appears.

He says I am the dead mans brother may I take his place, so the bishop gives him a trial also.

Again he is wonderful at ringing the bells.

The bishop offers him the job.

The man is so overcome he has a heart attack.

The bishop lets out a huge wail.

The crowd come rushing up and one says who was he?

The bishop says "I don't know his name but he was a dead ringer for his brother."

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, sailor mcgee said:

how many times round the equator mate? stop trying to derail the topic..

It's what they do to keep the threads alive, you'll get used to it. 

Anyway, its seems its a ???

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, sailor mcgee said:

how many times round the equator mate? stop trying to derail the topic..

This is how things are here, like it or loathe it. Lets face it:

18 hours ago, sailor mcgee said:

so to my question are there any single handed boaters constantly traveling who are not male and travel alone?  

Has the simple answer 'yes' with the addition of 'lots' if that helps. I nearly posted that yesterday when you posed the question.

I can't see that there is much more to add

Richard

18 minutes ago, LadyG said:

It's what they do to keep the threads alive, you'll get used to it. 

Anyway, its seems its a ???

I would give that post a 'greenie' but as you know I cant..........

It's well worth staying here OP, they're harmless, often quite hilarious.

The site is a fabulous source of all sorts of essential information and assistance. Lots of the guys on here are legends in their own lunchtime lifetime.

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

It's well worth staying here OP, they're harmless, often quite hilarious.

The site is a fabulous source of all sorts of essential information and assistance. Lots of the guys on here are legends in their own lunchtime lifetime.

I'm sure the OP will be one of the boys in no time. ?

• Haha 2

Coincidentally we moored next to a single handed lady boater during the summer, on two occasions. Both lady boaters had joined the closed FB group, and from what I gleaned from them, the support the group give each other is brilliant.

If any member is within the vicinity of another member of the group, they meet up with the aim of friendship and supporting each other. Thought the concept was brilliant.

21 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Coincidentally we moored next to a single handed lady boater during the summer, on two occasions. Both lady boaters had joined the closed FB group, and from what I gleaned from them, the support the group give each other is brilliant.

If any member is within the vicinity of another member of the group, they meet up with the aim of friendship and supporting each other. Thought the concept was brilliant.

I'm not a boat owner nor am I on facebook so I have no personal experience but Cheshire-Rose of this parish mentioned it to a lady who came to the forum asking about finding crew, she highly recommend it for both community and support, and like you I also thought it sounded quite brilliant. ?

Edited by Tumshie

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

I'm not a boat owner nor am I one facebook so I have no personal experience but Cheshire-Rose of this parish mentioned it to a lady who came to the forum asking about finding crew, she highly recommend it for both community and support, and like you I also thought it sounded quite brilliant. ?

Is that the tea potty ladies?