JP/JK pulley

flatplane8

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, steamraiser2 said:

No it wouldn't. Its fine for alternators, water pumps and compressors but drive to a gearbox will need a proper drive flange.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Sounds like neat solution for the pulley on a JP2/3 though.

10 hours ago, flatplane8 said:

That sounds interesting. Would it be capable of taking drive to a gearbox? I need to make an adaptor for my JK and was going to use the three threaded studs that would have connected it to the generator, but something like that could be another option. My gut feeling is that its fine for pulley loads, but might not be great with a whole 62hp going through it. :)

Well those three studs presumably took the full 62hp when the engine was driving a genset.

9 hours ago, David Mack said:

Well those three studs presumably took the full 62hp when the engine was driving a genset.

Yes, we'll get a flange made up to use the three big studs. Just working out the best coupling to use between the engine and gearbox to try and fit it all into the engine room (length-wise).