Deleting old uploaded file attachments

MtB

Featured Posts

Ok I've uploaded too many pictures since the facility was set up, and my 'attachments' folder is full. Deleting them to make space is turning into a right chore. I have seven page of files listed and it takes about six mouse clicks/buttons to press to select and delete just one file. Is there a quicker way to select and delete a few hundred files please (mostly images)? 

Not ALL of them though. Some I want to keep.

Many thanks...

I didn't even realise I had an attachments folder!

Do you run out of space on number of attachments or on total size of those attachments.

Not as daft a question as it sounds, as with private messages, at least, it used to be the former, (and may well still be).

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Uploaded to the forum? Doesn't this mean those who do a search to read previous threads in future will find they no longer make sense as the pictures are missing? Or have I misunderstood? 

Yep. Most of mine don't make sense anyway, you have probably noticed.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Nor did I until suddenly when PMing some photos of my boat from my phone to someone, I unexpectedly got the following error!

Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you a boat, which is kind of the same thing

???????

Yesterday I started getting messages that I could not post pictures as they were above my limit.

As other people seem to be getting the same is this 'new' ?

So, how do I find the 'attachment file' to try and remove some of the pictures.

and does that then mean that there will be a post in the 'records' that no longer makes sense as the relevant picture will be missing ?

Is this another of the forum improvements ?

Edit :

It appears that Sea-Dog and myself are 'on the same page'

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

and does that then mean that there will be a post in the 'records' that no longer makes sense as the relevant picture will be missing ?

Yep. Although at least 5 of your pictures are all the same and appear on numerous threads?

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Yep. Most of mine don't make sense anyway, you have probably noticed.

Oh heck. There's a whole bunch of legacy "how to" guides on forums which lost all their photos when Photobucket  started charging. Can't we just get Mike a bigger allowance - maybe by removing some of your self confessed drivel Rusty! ;)

Just now, rusty69 said:

Wot following error?

Dammit I took a screenshot on my phone and I can't even upload that to this thread! I get an illogical error message saying

"You are only allowed to upload 22.86mb"

And a button to click saying "OK"

So this reveals a glitch too. I made that 22.86mn space by spending a fair while yestderday deleting photos and images from my Attachments folder, and I doubt my screenshot from the phone is as large as 22.86mb

Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 09.12.13.png

Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 09.12.37.png

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh heck. There's a whole bunch of legacy "how to" guides on forums which lost all their photos when Photobucket  started charging. Can't we just get Mike a bigger allowance - maybe by removing some of your self confessed drivel Rusty! ;)

As I said, I delete mine on a regular basis,so I have a low photo footprint.

These photos will self destruct by the end of the week

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yesterday I started getting messages that I could not post pictures as they were above my limit.

Ah, so a total limit applies to posting in open forum too then!

This forum software really is pants isn't it. 

Notwithstanding the total limit I recently discovered and have now fixed, can anyone suggest why I can STILL not upload photos now there is space in my Attachments folder?

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Remove a stray comma

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Notwithstanding the total limit I recently discovered and have now fixed, can anyone suggest why I can STILL not upload photos now, there is space in my Attachments folder?

I noticed that they are not actually deleted for some hours after hitting the delete button

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Notwithstanding the total limit I recently discovered and have now fixed, can anyone suggest why I can STILL not upload photos now, there is space in my Attachments folder?

Perhaps it's a quality issue? ;)

Just now, rusty69 said:

It varies, but usually a couple of hours max

Hmmm. I bin getting the "22.86mb" error since about 8pm last night. Maybe there is something else needs doing that I haven't done. Like signing out and back in agin perhaps. I just leave the komputa on and signed in all the time. Do you turn yours off?