Deleting old uploaded file attachments

MtB

Featured Posts

Following a discussion with Daniel we have increased the limit again to 1GB which is 4x the previous limit of 250MB. We feel it's important all members have ample storage to share their content.

Thanks again to all who continue to donate and make this possible. Details on how to donate and become a Patron can also be found in my signature or by clicking here.

RichM

2 minutes ago, RichM said:

Following a discussion with Daniel we have increased the limit again to 1GB which is 4x the previous limit of 250MB. We feel it's important all members have ample storage to share their content.

RichM

I now have less, mine has gone down to 100MB - is someone trying to tell me something?  :huh:

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Check again it (mine) say 1000mb (count the noughts)

Have you still only 100mb ?

It was definitely 100mb - I did count the zeros and the % used had doubled, I refreshed and nothing changed but in reply to RichM I went back in to refresh again and there it was. 1000MB. Sorted. :D

30 minutes ago, RichM said:

Thanks again to all who continue to donate and make this possible. Details on how to donate and become a Patron can also be found in my signature or by clicking here.

RichM

Thanks Rich. 

Without wishing to appear churlish, this fails to address the problem I posted about and is simply kicking the can down the road. In a while, my space will be full again and I'll still have the problem of how to bulk-delete files to make space, as will everyone else. 

Is there a way to select multiple files for deletion or will we for ever have to delete them one files at a time?

52 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thanks Rich. 

Without wishing to appear churlish, this fails to address the problem I posted about and is simply kicking the can down the road. In a while, my space will be full again and I'll still have the problem of how to bulk-delete files to make space, as will everyone else. 

Is there a way to select multiple files for deletion or will we for ever have to delete them one files at a time?

If anyone reaches the limit again we will review the situation and likely increase the limit accordingly. 

There is currently no bulk tool to remove attachments in bulk. While we give everyone the option to delete any attachments should they wish, we don't wish to encourage the mass deletion of content as it can seriously devalue the respective topics in which they are posted.