Toilet Paper

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have read several postings from boaters who don't put paper in their cassette or through the macerator (don't mention composting) but put it on the fire

Well composting was my first thought, you’d end up with more paper than deposits. I guess this is a taboo subject.

23 minutes ago, canalhippy said:

Why not?

Does it? Surely a hot fire would neutralise anything...

Do you think so?

A hot coal fire produces smoke which smells of coal. A hot wood fire produces smoke which smells of wood. So follow that train of thought to its conclusion.

33 minutes ago, canalhippy said:

So, strange question here, does anybody burn used toilet paper in their multi stove? Asking for a friend, obviously....

There are two types of toilet used on boats. The cassette type/porta potti and the tank type. Both break down bog paper very quickly and it takes no space so thats best place to put it. I spose clean toilet paper used for making stuff from Blue Peter could be burned on the fire. Apparently there are also types of toilet known as incinerating and composting neither of which make any sense being fitted on a boat so they dont come into the equasion.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Do you think so?

A hot coal fire produces smoke which smells of coal. A hot wood fire produces smoke which smells of wood. So follow that train of thought to its conclusion.

:clapping:

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Do you think so?

I hear what you’re saying, but we’re only talking a 30 seconds/ maximum 90 seconds burn.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Do you think so?

I'm not in the habit of burning my toilet paper so I can't say I really know for sure but wouldn't the paper burn too quickly to make much of a smell. 

Edited by Tumshie

Just now, Tumshie said:

I'm not in the habit of burning my toilet paper so I can't say I really know for sure but wouldn't the paper burn too quickly to mack much of a smell. 

Mr. Hippy said a similar thing and yes, I guess you and he have got a point.

7 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

...wouldn't the paper burn too quickly to make much of a smell. 

I'd be more worried about it burning too quickly to fulfil its primary purpose before overheating one's nether regions! :D

Edited by Sea Dog
Putting two oos back into too.
  • Haha 1

You would have to get the paper from the loo to the fire before you could burn it. This means handling it at some point. Reminds me of the sanitary arrangements in Greece where there was a container (not often one with a lid on ) where the used paper was put. I found it pretty disgusting and I would rather dispose of used paper as near the source and as quickly as possible ! 

haggis

Just now, haggis said:

You would have to get the paper from the loo to the fire before you could burn it. This means handling it at some point. Reminds me of the sanitary arrangements in Greece where there was a container (not often one with a lid on ) where the used paper was put. I found it pretty disgusting and I would rather dispose of used paper as near the source and as quickly as possible ! 

haggis

There is a hire boat company that tells you to do this with the paper and not put it down the loo, but I may have read that on Facebook and last time I copied something from there I got wrong :(

19 minutes ago, canalhippy said:

Well composting was my first thought, you’d end up with more paper than deposits. I guess this is a taboo subject.

It contributes to the cover material if you are using a separating system, and gives an improved mix of fibres in the contents.

I don't see the point of burning toilet paper and then buying something like cocoa husks or sawdust to cover the "solids" in the bucket.

3 minutes ago, haggis said:

haggis

The only way I could reasonably do this would be if I had a small bin lined with a little bag and then remove the bag and carry that through to the fire. 

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'd be more worried about it burning to quickly to fulfil its primary purpose before overheating one's nether regions! :D

?  You are a very norty boy. 

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oooh oooo a chance to wheel out my favourite joke!

I got in touch with my 'inner self' the other day.

That's the last time I'm buying Tesco Value toilet paper.

:giggles:

:o???:o

!!!NO!!!

Fluddy toilet humour :rolleyes: