Water Pressure

Traveller

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I just bought a spare last week, stuffed it under the bed without checking the numbers. Have just checked, and thankfully, it is the correct one. 

Was yours a Jabsco and if so was it clearly marked for voltage? I would expect it to be marked and for the OP to have seen this hence my reluctance to ask the question.

1 minute ago, philjw said:

Was yours a Jabsco and if so was it clearly marked for voltage? I would expect it to be marked and for the OP to have seen this hence my reluctance to ask the question.

It is a jabsco parmax 2.9.clearly marked on the pump body. Not sure about the box. 

I must admit, i never check when installing them, so probably would be caught out too! 

1 minute ago, Traveller said:

Bought mine mail order. Said Parmax 2.9 on the box but I never checked the voltage. Just assumed it was correct or more likely did not even consider there was room for error. Lesson learned,

Just checked my new jabsco box. There is a label on the end detailing voltage,but i would not have checked either.Lesson learned here too.

4 hours ago, Traveller said:

Spot on. They have sent me a 24v model in error. I never even thought to look, assuming as I did that 24v would not even run.

So my scenario 1 (it’s not pumping very well) turned out to be correct, but I’d never have thought of the reason. Well done Phil. 

3 hours ago, Traveller said:

Bought mine mail order. Said Parmax 2.9 on the box but I never checked the voltage. Just assumed it was correct or more likely did not even consider there was room for error. Lesson learned,

Best check mine, I have just bought (hopefully) a 24 volt one.