Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
DHutch

Brexit 2019

Featured Posts

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Lingy you have to quote who ever it is you are remarking about or else we dont know what you are responding to. Remember some of these remainers even vote Labour :o

Labour 🤮

I was saying oh dear to the vetus 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lingy said:

Labour 🤮

I was saying oh dear to the vetus 👍

I had a Vetus once, the boat was great and had one fitted so no choice. Stan was very helpful to me when I had a couple of problems. His politics are suspect though 😂

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yeah, Stans a good egg. His biggest problem is his Vetus!:D

Not my fault :( I won it in a raffle.

To be fair it is now 15 years old and after a few early niggles it is fine.  I didn't like the gearbox much but Vetus didn't make that (or the base engine come to think of it.)

Edited by catweasel
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Iain_S said:

Return to sender after three months, if not in employment?

It's not EU policy that's at fault, it's the UK's. (Also, not forgetting that the bulk of UK immigration is from non EU countries)

Correct and we can choose the ones that we need, the ones from the EU we cant, plus we have to find them, which is where the fingerprinting bit came in🙃

4 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

More good news.....

Are you suggesting this would not have happened but for Brexit, or that it would have happened anyway? Nobody is suggesting that all UK business will disappear overnight. Those of us who are less statistically challenged have been saying for years, however, that GDP will fall post-Brexit. Whether it's 4% or 14% it's still a fall, and we could all do without it thank you.  

1 minute ago, Machpoint005 said:

Are you suggesting this would not have happened but for Brexit, or that it would have happened anyway? Nobody is suggesting that all UK business will disappear overnight. Those of us who are less statistically challenged have been saying for years, however, that GDP will fall post-Brexit. Whether it's 4% or 14% it's still a fall, and we could all do without it thank you.  

Any fall will be temporary.

6 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Correct and we can choose the ones that we need, the ones from the EU we cant, plus we have to find them, which is where the fingerprinting bit came in🙃

A few facts:

linky to migration statistics

"Although the numbers of EU migrants have increased more rapidly than non-EU migrants over the past decade, Non-EU foreign born still make up a majority of the foreign-born population. In 2017, 39% of the foreign-born population were EU born."

So roughly three out of every five migrants into the UK did not come under EU regulations at all, and the Self-servatives did nothing to stop them.

1 minute ago, Machpoint005 said:

You sound ever so angry? 

We don't know what will happen yet, but I know what the path will be if we stay in. The EU is not static, re the Deutsche bank. Wonder who will be bailing them out?

1 minute ago, Lingy said:

Can we have some sensible projections instead of blind optimism, please?

If the dip lasts 50 years it will still be "temporary" but I'll be long gone.

Linky to government web site

Just now, Jennifer McM said:

You sound ever so angry? 

We don't know what will happen yet, but I know what the path will be if we stay in. The EU is not static, re the Deutsche bank. Wonder who will be bailing them out?

I am questioning the relevance of your quote to Brexit, that is all.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I am questioning the relevance of your quote to Brexit, that is all.

It's about having confidence in the UK. There was a question on here a couple of weeks ago about UK built vehicles. 

Edited by Jennifer McM
  • Greenie 1

19 hours ago, peterboat said:

I have a lot of Asians as friends they are very unhappy about the above, equally they are unhappy about the drug dealers amongst them! Drug dealing is unfortunately a common occurrence nowdays but by population we are the biggest yet by convictions are we the most convicted? The report below doesnt make pleasant reading

Exclusive: New Conviction Data Tells Us How the UK Sells Drugs - VICE

I'm somewhat puzzled as to why that should be in any way noteworthy. I'm white and British and am very unhappy about Paul Gadd (aka Gary Glitter), Jimmy Savile, Jonathan King and Ian Watkins but I'm not really sure what it proves though. Should I be coming down on their side because they are also white and British? or as most reasonable people would do (of whatever ethnicity) condemn them as perverts? So why wouldn't your Asian friends naturally also condemn perverts? (of whatever ethnicity).

As far as drugs go, whatever the ethnicity of the suppliers, the majority of users will be white and British (wont they Mr Gove:rolleyes:)

26 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I still can't understand how this finger printing works.   Are they now finger printing everyone who enters the country?  Otherwise the idea just doesn't seem to have a logical ability to work.

Unless I am missing something taking finger prints to find out who somebody is will only work if their prints are on the database.  Unless things have changed and I haven't noticed you are only on the database if you are a criminal.  Can anybody explain?

55 minutes ago, Lingy said:

That's a relief. How long do you think it will be then? Rees Mogg says about 50 years - and he's very keen on going ahead with that, what's your considered view? 

Oh just noticed I  have cross -posted. Same point though - stand your opinion up please. 

Edited by Tigerr
  • Greenie 1

51 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I still can't understand how this finger printing works.   Are they now finger printing everyone who enters the country?  Otherwise the idea just doesn't seem to have a logical ability to work.

Unless I am missing something taking finger prints to find out who somebody is will only work if their prints are on the database.  Unless things have changed and I haven't noticed you are only on the database if you are a criminal.  Can anybody explain?

I cant because it didnt explain it on the program, maybe I will ask Ian my cousin as I am curious now myself

23 minutes ago, Tigerr said:

That's a relief. How long do you think it will be then? Rees Mogg says about 50 years - and he's very keen on going ahead with that, what's your considered view? 

Oh just noticed I  have cross -posted. Same point though - stand your opinion up please. 

I actually think it will be a few years at the most,Mogg is not the be all and end all in business,lets face it he plays the markets why would he ruin an opportunity to profit by saying less years huh??  ....But what i would like to say is this,45 years has eroded our manufacturing to the point of nearly no return all because of the EU .I don't think it matters either way as a democratic vote is yet to be delivered,Project fear has gone too far in any case ,it will not ruin this Country (We are already over populated and near enough ruined)

May i suggest you remainiacs actually give leaving a go and support the UK" like we all used to before liberal political correctness took over" 

👍

• Greenie 3

21 minutes ago, Lingy said:

May i suggest you remainiacs actually give leaving a go and support the UK" like we all used to before liberal political correctness took over" 

If it were possible to give it a go and then when it didn't work go back to exactly where we were I would happily give it a go.  However if we gave it a go we will never get back on anything vaguely approaching the same terms, so no I am not prepared to give it a go.

I fully support the UK which is why I want what I know is best for my country.  Perhaps the Brexiteers could support the UK and allow us to continue in a sensible joint enterprise with the countries of Europe.   As far as I am concerned Brexit is a bit of corner shop syndrome, people are wanting us to breakaway from the large collective and become the lone operator in the corner shop out in the sticks.

I do not accept that just because I don't agree with half the population I am any less patriotic or supportive of the UK.

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

If it were possible to give it a go and then when it didn't work go back to exactly where we were I would happily give it a go.  However if we gave it a go we will never get back on anything vaguely approaching the same terms, so no I am not prepared to give it a go.

I fully support the UK which is why I want what I know is best for my country.  Perhaps the Brexiteers could support the UK and allow us to continue in a sensible joint enterprise with the countries of Europe.   As far as I am concerned Brexit is a bit of corner shop syndrome, people are wanting us to breakaway from the large collective and become the lone operator in the corner shop out in the sticks.

I do not accept that just because I don't agree with half the population I am any less patriotic or supportive of the UK.

Unluckily you have no choice 👍

24 minutes ago, Jerra said:

The future holds no guarantees. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Lingy said:

I actually think it will be a few years at the most,Mogg is not the be all and end all in business,lets face it he plays the markets why would he ruin an opportunity to profit by saying less years huh??  ....But what i would like to say is this,45 years has eroded our manufacturing to the point of nearly no return all because of the EU .I don't think it matters either way as a democratic vote is yet to be delivered,Project fear has gone too far in any case ,it will not ruin this Country (We are already over populated and near enough ruined)

👍

So now we're blaming the EU for Thatcherism?

May I suggest you Brexiteers actually give remaining a go, and work with, rather than against, the EU?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iain_S said:

34 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Being an optimist I will say we haven't left yet.   Can I also point out that replies such as yours and many of the "Snowflake" idiot type replies of many Brexiteers will do nothing to fulfil your wish that remainers "give it a go" which I interpret as "all pull together.

Sadly this misguided referendum caused by Tory leaders who couldn't get a grip of their party will keep the country divided for years (decades particularly if the 50 years mentioned above is correct.)

Or forever, if the New Statesman's analysis is anywhere near correct ...

Good luck thinking we hav'nt left yet,or will not leave.Money is being made as we speak by horrible greedy bstards like soros...I feel like most remainiacs are pretty condescending patronising on twitter.To be fair remainiacs (bad losers) are the same on every site.

Call me a loser or undemocratic but three years of this nonsense is enough for me.

So on that note i am out of this thread and wish you remainers a speedy recovery when we thrive out of the EU dictatorship and away from  people like this verhoftwit ...

20190318_201009.jpg

Edited by Lingy
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Iain_S said:

So now we're blaming the EU for Thatcherism?

May I suggest you Brexiteers actually give remaining a go, and work with, rather than against, the EU?

Actually we have given it a go and now we have decided to leave, I mean how many years do you want us to give it? 10 , 20, 30 or 40 years 😈

3 hours ago, peterboat said:

U.K. government immigration policy has always been to tell the people that it would be reduced, whilst all the time, doing little to reduce it, and actually encouraging it. The EU free movement policy made it much easier for them to perform this sleight of hand, but it will not stop them once we leave, (if we do).

3 hours ago, Lingy said:

You know that... How?