Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
DHutch

Brexit 2019

Featured Posts

So in case it turns out to be "a bad thing", we shouldn't do it then?

Great, lets stick with the good old EU.

But what if it turns out (which it will), to be a good thing?

I'm off for another few months folks. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

7 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Are there any Leavers who are proud of the leadership of Mrs May?

Shes a sight better than that pratt Macron in europe. She is also a country mile better than Corbyn so she will do for me.

18 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Are there any Leavers who are proud of the leadership of Mrs May?

Given that she is by all accounts going to take us out in a WTO brexit we cant complain, looks like she has played a brama with parliament, foxing all their attempts to rule no deal off the table, and second referendum has been consigned to the dustbin so maybe she is far cleverer than the EU

14 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Given that she is by all accounts going to take us out in a WTO brexit we cant complain, looks like she has played a brama with parliament, foxing all their attempts to rule no deal off the table, and second referendum has been consigned to the dustbin so maybe she is far cleverer than the EU

You know you do brighten my day up Peter :D Do you realy, genuinely believe we could actualy be that lucky?

7 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

....... you,  I,  and the entire World know that the minority losing voter in the UK still refuses to accept the fact and will say, print do absolutely anything to make a minority rule.

Is that a bit like the Brexit campaign that said, did, and printed, anything to achieve a tiny majority for its cause.

You have already agreed that the campaign was full of lies and deceit, although you added that anyone who believed said lies and deceit must have been stupid. You then went on to say that nobody was stupid because they all made their minds up long before the referendum was even announced.

Unfortunately, you don’t actually know “everyone” so can’t possibly have any idea what almost anyone based their vote on - despite repeatedly telling us that you do. In fact, you sound a bit like President Trump. He does similar things, and his deluded followers believe him.

6 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Peter, it was you who used the words "when the EU is in charge of forces". It wasn't.

EU policy after cessation of hostilities may be another matter altogether, but when you are found out, please don't try to move the goalposts. 

His goal posts are on remotely controlled, motorised wheels !!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Higgs said:

We've had 42 years to weigh things up, things certainly did change over that period of time. Brexit hasn't had 42 minutes, and you think you know what you're talking about.

It shouldn’t even be seeing the light of day - and you know it!

4 hours ago, Phil. said:

You are right about this being a once in a lifetime opportunity, the establishment made a mistake giving us a public vote about leaving the eu and you can be sure that if we don't leave, we will never be given that option again. Indeed the eu see referendums as a threat to their very existence, which is one reason why they want to outlaw them.

So why the resistance to another one? :)

i know none none of us will have any influence over whether there is one or not.... but the fear of losing, what you think you have won, is palpable.

And none of us actually know what it is that you think you have won, and what could possibly be good about it???

2 hours ago, Joe the plumber said:

Had 'Leave' lost after 23rd June 2016, I'd have sworn (a lot) and got on with it. But I'd have accepted the result.

I find it deeply ironic that the only people who are pushing for another referendum are those who do not accept

the democratic result of one.

And those who know they would win one now, are full of excuses for not having one.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I was 'promised' leave meant leave, no talk of deals, backstops or customs union, just, leave.

That’s not quite true, is it?

There was plenty of talk of deals... there was “the easiest trade deal ever done”, and there was the rest of the world queuing up to do deals with us.

I think Boris, (and others), promised the benefits of the customs union and the single market with belonging to the EU... the “cake and eat it” promise.

you just perceived what you thought you were promised.

1 hour ago, Joe the plumber said:

I think leavers have already agreed that it will be economically bad, but worth it for some strange reason/s???

The gist being that, “it will be a bad thing, but worth it!”

34 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

That’s not quite true, is it?

There was plenty of talk of deals... there was “the easiest trade deal ever done”, and there was the rest of the world queuing up to do deals with us.

I think Boris, (and others), promised the benefits of the customs union and the single market with belonging to the EU... the “cake and eat it” promise.

you just perceived what you thought you were promised.

I think leavers have already agreed that it will be economically bad, but worth it for some strange reason/s???

The gist being that, “it will be a bad thing, but worth it!”

All the taunting in the World won’t change the result of the 2016 referendum, nor will it secure another one this year, but if it makes you feel good, carry on 🙂

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

How can it be right for just anyone to set up an army? All NATO armies are made up of countries, if we allow clubs such as golf, fishing, boating or indeed eu type clubs to have armies who is going to supervise them? 

Have you actually read Article 42 of the Treaty of European Union (as amended by the Treaty of Lisbon)?

Despite the constant references in the press and elsewhere to a "European Army", any forces involved remain under the command of their own countries, or group of countries, pretty much on the NATO model. It is not, or rather, will not be an organisation separate from each country's own armed forces.

10 hours ago, peterboat said:

Its just been on Radio 2, the remain arguments are a joke their only aim is to usurp what the majority voted for, and she thought that was democratic!! She is doing a masters in EU crap well if she likes it that much go and move to a EU country that wants her............if the EU survives the next few months😈

I believe it was Nigel Farage who said that a 52% to 48% referendum result would represent unfinished business ...

12 hours ago, Joe the plumber said:

If you are replying to me you clearly haven't either read the thread carefully or understood my point.   Try again.

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Shes a sight better than that pratt Macron in europe. She is also a country mile better than Corbyn so she will do for me.

Which doesn't quite answer the question.   Are you proud of her leadership?

Just out of interest, where were all the Brexiteers when Thatcher and Blair sold all our services out to foreign companies, the French, the Germans, the Dutch who now own so much of our railways, our water companies and electricity supplies?. Claiming to be Britain for the British I never saw the millions who voted to leave at the demos against the WTO, the IMF , World Bank or the G8. I was there at many demos with mainly Europeans against the free market policies that led to privatising and by extension selling out the UK to foreign influence. Suddenly these so-called patriots are wanting Britain for the British when the stable door has already closed. I may have voted to stay in the EU so that with europeans we could fight the loss of our sovereignty but at least  I tried to stop the rot. Its now only that these Brexiteers feel that their loyalty to the UK is relevant...bit late in my opinion. Did the Brexiteers know anything about the MAI ( Multi Lateral Agreement on Investment) in the 90's  that the Europeans managed to squash to protect their sovereignty (and the UKs) and was then resurrected with the attempt to do the same thing with the TTIP these last years...I dont believe so, the numbers of people aware of these multinational schemes has been pitifully small in this country which shows how little people know about the real issues that are related to Brexit.

• Greenie 3

13 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

You know you do brighten my day up Peter :D Do you realy, genuinely believe we could actualy be that lucky?

Yes.

I also believe it has been her plan all along.

Well done May. :cheers:

12 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

So why the resistance to another one? :)

i know none none of us will have any influence over whether there is one or not.... but the fear of losing, what you think you have won, is palpable.

And none of us actually know what it is that you think you have won, and what could possibly be good about it???

Because we have already had one and don't need another one?

6 minutes ago, markeymark said:

Just out of interest, where were all the Brexiteers when Thatcher and Blair sold all our services out to foreign companies, the French, the Germans, the Dutch who now own so much of our railways, our water companies and electricity supplies?. Claiming to be Britain for the British I never saw the millions who voted to leave at the demos against the WTO, the IMF , World Bank or the G8. I was there at many demos with mainly Europeans against the free market policies that led to privatising and by extension selling out the UK to foreign influence. Suddenly these so-called patriots are wanting Britain for the British when the stable door has already closed. I may have voted to stay in the EU so that with europeans we could fight the loss of our sovereignty but at least  I tried to stop the rot. Its now only that these Brexiteers feel that their loyalty to the UK is relevant...bit late in my opinion. Did the Brexiteers know anything about the MAI ( Multi Lateral Agreement on Investment) in the 90's  that the Europeans managed to squash to protect their sovereignty (and the UKs) and was then resurrected with the attempt to do the same thing with the TTIP these last years...I dont believe so, the numbers of people aware of these multinational schemes has been pitifully small in this country which shows how little people know about the real issues that are related to Brexit.

As Brexit didn't exist when Thatcher and Blair were around then it is safe to say that neither did "Brexiteers"

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, markeymark said:

Well done for what you did. Many, including myself, were either asleep or didn't believe our Gov could be working against us. We're woke now!

Thanks Jennifer, and my point being that Brexit is just a symptom of the inability of the population to see further down the road that what is put to them by the media, and especially the tabloids (Sun, Mail, Express, Star) who follow like sheep to an agenda about which they havent a clue. If anything good were to come out of this debacle then maybe the people would stop be so blinkered into thinking that the UK can go it alone in a globalised economic system. The hard-right want to tether us to the WTO rules as if that was what we voted for, and it is the WTO that is trying (with the US as the largest group of lobbyists within its membership) into destroying national sovereignty with its agenda of 100% free trade agreements ...with NO barriers. Right now  we have the scary prospect of the ISDS being passed by the EU which will allow multinationals to sue any government that doesnt like their rights to exploit the market place to their advantage. We live in dangerous times for democracy.

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Which doesn't quite answer the question.   Are you proud of her leadership?

Smelly has made it clear that he doesn't care how bad our leaders are, as long as they are "our" leaders. He can swap her for Jeremy Corbyn in a few years if he's not happy with her, so he doesn't see the problem.

8 minutes ago, markeymark said:

Thanks Jennifer, and my point being that Brexit is just a symptom of the inability of the population to see further down the road that what is put to them by the media, and especially the tabloids (Sun, Mail, Express, Star) who follow like sheep to an agenda about which they havent a clue. If anything good were to come out of this debacle then maybe the people would stop be so blinkered into thinking that the UK can go it alone in a globalised economic system. The hard-right want to tether us to the WTO rules as if that was what we voted for, and it is the WTO that is trying (with the US as the largest group of lobbyists within its membership) into destroying national sovereignty with its agenda of 100% free trade agreements ...with NO barriers. Right now  we have the scary prospect of the ISDS being passed by the EU which will allow multinationals to sue any government that doesnt like their rights to exploit the market place to their advantage. We live in dangerous times for democracy.

Interested to know what outcome you'd like to see? :) 

30 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Well done for what you did. Many, including myself, were either asleep or didn't believe our Gov could be working against us. We're woke now!

So you now want a government that works against us to be in total control of us.

They haven't changed, even though a few decades have passed by.

???

4 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Interested to know what outcome you'd like to see? :) 

Ditto really :)