Read the rules

Phil Ambrose

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Infamy, they've got it infamy 

I agree with them. Some of your most spectacular pedantry most definitely deserves to be on mod-queue!!!

:giggles:

Edited by Athy
To remove deleted quotataion.

Rog on mod queue, really?

He has to be one of the most inoffensive non confrontational posters on here, and Thunderboat.

And now Alan?

Shirley a mistake?

Edited by MJG

So NOW I have two 'secret' messages from mods suggesting anything I post MUST be pre approved.

I have never received any points or warnings here, nor indeed any notification of my heinous crime which dictates such heavy censorship.

What is going on?

Rog

Suddenly I can speak freely again.

Actually, stuff this.

Rog

• Greenie 1

I see the mods are keeping a close eye on this thread; no less than four spotted just now. Perhaps one of them can do the honourable thing and move this shit out of the Boating section seeing as one of them saw fit to move a thread on homeless folk living on the banks to the Virtual Pub.

JP

Edited by Captain Pegg
  • Greenie 1
  • Unimpressed 1

33 minutes ago, dogless said:

So NOW I have two 'secret' messages from mods suggesting anything I post MUST be pre approved.

I have never received any points or warnings here, nor indeed any notification of my heinous crime which dictates such heavy censorship.

What is going on?

Rog

Suddenly I can speak freely again.

Actually, stuff this.

Rog

There must be some quite serious dissent in the mod ranks for one mod to be unilaterally placing peeps on mod queue then another taking them off again. Makes the first decision look stupid, and as Nick just pointed out, 'saving face' always used to be No 1 priority.

All that appears to be out the window now and civil war appears to reign behind the scenes in CWF Towers. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

There must be some quite serious dissent in the mod ranks for one mod to be unilaterally placing peeps on mod queue then another taking them off again. Makes the first decision look stupid, and as Nick just pointed out, 'saving face' always used to be No 1 priority.

All that appears to be out the window now and civil war appears to reign behind the scenes in CWF Towers. 

Internal squabbles about moderating decisions are quite common.

Jan used to moderate on a Facebook group and kicked it to the kerb following blatant favouritism being shown by one of the moderators who would allow things from certain posters but not others.

I've seen it as a moderator too, but we always made sure any internal disagreement wasn't evident to the broader membership.

Edited by MJG

No bats were abducted.

I did go 'home' where I can speak freely without concern about the 'thought police' or the need to engage in 'newspeak'.

Dan and his mods should remember that a forum can only ever be owned by its posters.

Rog

• Greenie 2