Read the rules

Phil Ambrose

Featured Posts

i was only messing with my last statement ..i think i misread some thing .i for one like mtb always have .and i would just hate it if he where to get banned ,i think i would march on downing street ...i for on also think he should be the owner of canalworld ...

its a joke

• Greenie 1

The amendment is in bold, the rest unchanged:

"Posting any material, anywhere on the site, that is deemed to have a primarily political theme that is not strictly related to inland waterways and/or boating is prohibited. In addition, content containing a religious theme, or content that makes commentary on religious issues, is not permitted. Exceptions to this rule may be made in special circumstances with prior approval of the Site Administration."

Edited by LadyG
I might get banned too :)

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The amendment is in bold, the rest unchanged:

"Posting any material, anywhere on the site, that is deemed to have a primarily political theme that is not strictly related to inland waterways and/or boating is prohibited. In addition, content containing a religious theme, or content that makes commentary on religious issues, is not permitted. Exceptions to this rule may be made in special circumstances with prior approval of the Site Administration."

You do realise you have just spoilt a perfectly good argument -- with FACTS !

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Missing the point by a country mile.

I thought my comments were both relevant and pertinent, but perhaps I misunderstood the meaning of your post 15? 

"... But that is not a new rule. It is a rule that has  been in place for two or three years and widely ignored with the blessing of Dan and the mod team"...

Edited by Machpoint005
for a further explanation

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

Shock, Horror, misbehaviour has had consequences. My 3-year-old grandchildren know that.

Not really. 

The problem is 99% of the time there are NO consequences to misbehaviour on here. And 1% of the time there is. What sort of way is THAT to treat us children?

Even reporting posts/threads that clearly breach the guidelines usually results in a 'well its not really doing any harm' type of rebuttal and refusal to take action. 

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Not really. 

The problem is 99% of the time there are NO consequences to misbehaviour on here. And 1% of the time there is. What sort of way is THAT to treat us children?

Even reporting posts/threads that clearly breach the guidelines usually results in a 'well its not really doing any harm' type of rebuttal and refusal to take action. 

Crossed with my edit, but nevertheless, as regards the Brexit post, everyone posting there (should have) known the Sword of Damocles was dangling.

1 minute ago, Machpoint005 said:

Crossed with my edit, but nevertheless, as regards the Brexit post, everyone posting there (should have) known the Sword of Damocles was dangling.

But there a LOTS of threads about politics.

This is not about the Brexit thread specifically. It is about having rules and not enforcing the most of the time, then occasionally enforcing them with no warning. 

Hardly a professional way to run a forum. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I wasnt online yesterday when it bit the dust. I must say I am a bit sorry as many of us had played quite nicely even you lot on the wrong side of the debate ? I think I have gleaned today that it was locked cos of a bloke who posts on a self moderating playground and a caravaner!! flippin shame.

• Greenie 3

Well, yes, I was dealing with the immediate causes of recent actions.

As I've said before, Dan's site, Dan's rules, even if they appear inconsistent. IMHO the site owner and his agents do not have to justify their actions to any greater extent than they wish, and we the members can like it or lump it. Not a complaint - just a stark fact.     

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

I wasnt online yesterday when it bit the dust. I must say I am a bit sorry as many of us had played quite nicely even you lot on the wrong side of the debate ? 

Me neither, and I agree with you.

• Greenie 1

Just now, mrsmelly said:

I wasnt online yesterday when it bit the dust. I must say I am a bit sorry as many of us had played quite nicely even you lot on the wrong side of the debate ? I think I have gleaned today that it was locked cos of a bloke who posts on a self moderating playground and a caravaner!! flippin shame.

Oh him. Someone told me the other day he threw his toys out of the pram there and demanded his account be deleted. About the time he reappeared here after a long absence, if this is the same bloke. Which it might not be. 

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh him. Someone told me the other day he threw his toys out of the pram there and demanded his account be deleted. About the time he reappeared here after a long absence, if this is the same bloke. Which it might not be. 

I may be very wrong but I am reading between the lines. Thing is when you meet him hes a nice bloke to have a beer with!!

Just now, system 4-50 said:

I am most impressed that the Brexit thread managed to last as long as it did without descending into personal insults more than briefly.  Quite a success really.  Unlike Brexit...

Ooh what have you heard? ? ?

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

I would think not. For those seeking answers, they are already there in the database. 

Oi you, speak for your self I need this forum - I some how managed to cross the Highland County Council line which is akin to crossing the Rubicon and ending up in the Hotel California :unsure:

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

Oi you, speak for your self I need this forum - I some how managed to cross the Highland County Council line which is akin to crossing the Rubicon and ending up in the Hotel California :unsure:

Well,you can check out any time you like!

Oh, and there's mirrors on the ceiling too!

Oh, and a shimmering light. (could be a tunnel light though)

A lot of moaning about inconsistencies in the rules, and I suppose I understand it but instead of moaning about the rare occassion that rules were enforced, why not rejoice that the rest of the time we get left alone?  There are plenty of online forums which are far more heavily moderated than this including ones in which every single post has to be pre-approved by a moderator (and the moderators don't check for days).  If you're really that bothered about getting warning points and closed threads then don't break the rules.  Simple.

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

online caravanners should always be strongly moderated.     ;)