Banbury Bikes

mark99

Featured Posts

Two things strike me about this video:

1) How deep the water is. CRT would NEVER do this with a waterway that deep! Boats with 2ft draft would have to be bumping over the piles of bikes before CRT accept there is any sort of a problem.

2) The Dutch obviously have no respect for their waterways either, using them as a rubbish dump just like we do.

13 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

People seem to have this irresistible urge to chuck stuff in water. They have been doing it for a very long time.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/oct/19/experience-pulled-a-1500-year-old-sword-lake-saga-vanecek

Jen

Also for a very long time people have been murdering other people and hiding the evidence ?

Edited by Tumshie

2 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Wonder how many cyclists and supermarket shoppers go missing in Banbury?

Unlike a sword I don't think it would be very easy to murder some one with a supermarket trolly, but you never know - where there's a will, and all that. :giggles:

4 hours ago, Pete of Ebor said:

We regularly see pictures of drained canals with this sort of rubbish. Does anyone (eg C&RT and/or local canal vollies) ever actually use the obvious opportunity to actually get it out and dispose of it, or does it get left there 'cos it hasn't ben a problem.. yet ?

It would be harder to remove the rubbish as it's easier to have the equipment to remove the rubbish and to put it somewhere to be floating (as the video above shows!).

Edited by Robbo

• 2 months later...

This is here-say I appreciate but the foreman of the works we did near 

here told me the CaRT refilled that bit of canal without clearing the rubbish in the cut. The CaRT contractor comment being it was not their job to clear the cut. The rubbish is pictured in the first post.

Edited by mark99