Gas engineer near Thorne, South Yorkshire

Kendorr

Featured Posts

Try Goole Boathouse. When I had my Shetland moored there they had a gas safe engineer on their books. He fitted gas and a hob on my boat and certificated it. As I have sold my cruiser now and don't moor at Goole Boatyard anymore I don't have the details. Goole Boathouse   01405 763985.

For those that don't know, it is possible to search the Gas Safe Register for gas engineers with the credentials to work on LPG and boats. Most LPG qualified fitters don't have the additional paperwork for boat work. There are six with boat and LPG within a ten mile radius of Thorne, so you should find someone to do the work. Go to the Find an Engineer page, use by location and click on Choose an Appliance, which gives options for LPG and boat qualifications.

Jen

8 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

For those that don't know, it is possible to search the Gas Safe Register for gas engineers with the credentials to work on LPG and boats. Most LPG qualified fitters don't have the additional paperwork for boat work. There are six with boat and LPG within a ten mile radius of Thorne, so you should find someone to do the work. Go to the Find an Engineer page, use by location and click on Choose an Appliance, which gives options for LPG and boat qualifications.

Jen

Brilliant Jen, I had looked in there, but not used the search facility correctly. Thank you.

• 8 months later...
On 21/11/2018 at 09:08, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Their search thing isn't well designed. Took me a while to work it out and only because I already knew it was possible to do it in the first place.

Oh dear,

it's not working for me, it came up with a few installers, none of whom do boats.

I tried the free helpline with same results. 

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Oh dear,

it's not working for me, it came up with a few installers, none of whom do boats.

I tried the free helpline with same results. 

I just took a look and it seemed pretty easy to me. 

• Keep the left dropdown as ‘Domestic’
  • Enter your postcode 
  • Select ‘LPG’
  • Select ‘Boats’ in the dropdown. 

It brings up a list of boat qualified GS engineers in your area. Straightforward and effective. 

4 hours ago, WotEver said:

I just took a look and it seemed pretty easy to me. 

• Keep the left dropdown as ‘Domestic’
  • Enter your postcode 
  • Select ‘LPG’
  • Select ‘Boats’ in the dropdown. 

It brings up a list of boat qualified GS engineers in your area. Straightforward and effective. 

yes it does, if you press "find" again, if you press "enter" you get gas fitters in Goole.

Anyway, I got a list, tried the first nine, no response or no phone.

Got one, he's coming on  a Sunday!

• Happy 1