1986 Brentford Rally

Featured Posts

If I've not got my rally's mixed up - it was at Brentford that there were some large 'dinner plate' plaques, and my Dad bought one - don't think I've a picture of it however. There was also a ring plaque to go around the IWA one for people who did the London ring!

21 hours ago, Tonka said:

The ring plaque were round and had tower bridge on them. They were left over from 1977 ish as I remember promoting the London ring cruise at the Iwa national at reading

As mike has said the 1986 IWA ring cruise plaque was a circular ring that went around the rally plaque:

Ring and Plaque.jpg

86 Ring.jpg

• Greenie 1

Well, it's a tug, and St Paul's, and a bridge of sorts, but the bridge has a lot of artistic licence applied! Canon Street railway bridge has columns, but it's flat topped - no arches.

However, if we take a big pinch of salt the artist might have been persuaded to add the arch of Blacfriar's Bridge, with the columns of the London Chatham & Dover Railway beside it - but it's a bit of an ask! But that's being a bit pedantic of me.

Almost looks like Macclesfield bridge ('Blow Up' bridge) over the Regent's.

http://www.currybet.net/cbet_blog/2008/12/the-ghost-of-the-london-chatha.php

Thank you all for your input .

I have decided to re paint the wood polish the plaque & hang it up in the hallway.

Those of you with boats do you just hang your plaques in the cabin & engine hole or do you apart from keeping them all in a bucket 

have another way or place to show them? 

Also do many of you have horse brass's & how do you show them ?

We have transfered them from boats to australia and then back to boat. It means our current boat has plaques screwed up that are ours rather than the boats. Having owned a pair for many years we have some duplicated.

we stopped collecting plaques after being banned from the 1985 i think national rally by an an iwa official for’ towing a butty slowly through the rally site and impeeding the progress of iwa officials progress.

Ken Goodwin apologised later.

Several  years later i took full advantage and hammered through an iwa rally I came across , in a cloud of smoke with waterskiers off back of the butty. 

3 hours ago, jeannette smith harrison said:

I have decided to re paint the wood polish the plaque & hang it up in the hallway.

Those of you with boats do you just hang your plaques in the cabin & engine hole or do you apart from keeping them all in a bucket 

We kept ours in a bucket after the rally plaque board filled up!

4 hours ago, jeannette smith harrison said:

Mine are screwed up in the engine hole and one in the boatmans cabin

We had a few rally plaques, and they stayed with the boat:

10i6yie.jpg

A few knobs and a couple of brasses on TYCHO: (They also stayed)

vou715.jpg

Had a nice Crescent Moon and Sun on TYCHO's chimney. That also stayed.

153yazp.jpg

No boat, but brasses on the left:

2yloj1k.jpg

Still got our NBOC plaque. It's in the kitchen.

Edited by Derek R.
Added image
  • Greenie 1