Bit of an Elsan rant.....

Wanderer Vagabond

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I have been on CWDF for eighteen months, and find it very entertaining, and informative, it is indeed a community of like minded guys [all genders].

I lasted about a week on FB before I was the subject of personal attack of the four letter variety from a person of my acquaintance. I then had to change my persona, I rarely visit.

This forum seems to me to be reasonably lightly moderated, and generally well run. 

I would not last long as a mod if I had to have a public discussion on my every action as a mod. 

I view myself as accountable to senior staff and the site owner.

jo

Well said LG it is obvious that you are trying to do the Job well and it is not easy to please everyone.

23 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I would not last long as a mod if I had to have a public discussion on my every action as a mod. 

As the rules say "Mod decision is final and there shall be no discussion" so you may last quite a while.

As has been said the 'rules' are applied in an illogical and inconsistent way.

Take the Mayall / Athy  gas Cylinder example of a little bit 'illegal', either it is or it isn't.

Why should the forum condone / encourage illegal acts

The 1st Rule in the R&Gs is It is not permitted to use CWDF to engage in or promote illegal activities.

But at the end of the day CWDF is privately owned and the decision of the Site Owner in all matters is final.

We either accept it or leave, but that doesn't stop a person having thoughts and opinions.

We are luck that we have two Elsan points close to our basic moorings, both 5 mins drive away. (One about 30 mins sail on residential mooring site)

Unfortunately we have a fellow mooring boater who has been seen emptying his full cassette into the Cut!!! 

Suffice to say no one speaks to said disgusting individual these days, so feel your pain.

Even the Queen has to Poop!