Victron inverter gone u/s.

Wanderingwolf

Featured Posts

The inverter on my boat has decided it had done enough tonight and rolled over. It is a Victron Phoeonix multi plus 12/2000/100. I have had the boat for three years and imagine  the unit was fitted from new in 2005. Having looked on line for a similar unit to fit new all i can find is a 12/2000/80 which i imagine would be the new version?? Also out of interest is there any company out there who recondition  u/s units

10 minutes ago, Wanderingwolf said:

The inverter on my boat has decided it had done enough tonight and rolled over. It is a Victron Phoeonix multi plus 12/2000/100. I have had the boat for three years and imagine  the unit was fitted from new in 2005. Having looked on line for a similar unit to fit new all i can find is a 12/2000/80 which i imagine would be the new version?? Also out of interest is there any company out there who recondition  u/s units

I take that this is a combi unit (Inverter and battery charger) ?

That being the case you will be scrapping a perfectly good battery charger - this is the problem with combi's (one breaks, you lose both).

Why don't you keep the original one and just use the battery charger, buy a new 2000w inverter (which will be much cheaper than buying a combi).

When (if) the battery charger rolls-over you won't lose the inverter.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Happy 1

Batteries are well charged now off the engine. Turn the inverter on and it lasts about ten seconds before it shows Overload and trips after a few seconds of sounds that may have come from a Flash Gordon film!! Also having tried to connect a shore line that now proves to be ng.

9 minutes ago, Wanderingwolf said:

Batteries are well charged now off the engine. Turn the inverter on and it lasts about ten seconds before it shows Overload and trips after a few seconds of sounds that may have come from a Flash Gordon film!! Also having tried to connect a shore line that now proves to be ng.

Try turning your immersion heater off, or it could be a short circuit.    What happens when connected to a shore line?   I would physically disconnect the mains in and out from the multi plus and check if the issue is not external to the multiplus itself.

Edited by Robbo

1 hour ago, Wanderingwolf said:

Also having tried to connect a shore line that now proves to be ng.

That suggests there’s a problem on the boat as opposed to the inverter, just as Robbo writes.