Green Stars & Featured Threads

Tumshie

Featured Posts

I've noticed that some of the treads have a green box with a star in it next to their heading and when I hover over it it says featured, I was just wondering what this is.

How and why does a thread get featured and how does this affect the the tread in the greater scheme of things?

I know this seems a rather random question but it is a genuine one. :)

48 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

how does this affect the tread in the greater scheme of things?

You have to step carefully.

I do remember these being mentioned quite a while ago; perhaps they are threads which are considered to have content of a practical and useful value.

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

You have to step carefully.

I do remember these being mentioned quite a while ago; perhaps they are threads which are considered to have content of a practical and useful value.

Well, I wondered about the practical value thing but having read some of them I'm not so sure. And how does it happen - as if by magic ?

Edited by Tumshie

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

2713 replies on that thread! 

Maybe it is simply the 'popular' threads that get starred. 

Nope some of them only have a few posts and the Brexit thread doesn't have one. 

Edited by Tumshie

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I assumed it was a moderators option, there is an option "feature"

Well, there you go - do you do that if you think it's a topic more interesting than most?

Edited by Tumshie

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Well, there you go - do you do that if you think it's a topic interesting than most?

On my screen I have various extra options, which is why I can edit  and hide stuff etc etc

Sometimes folks ask for a thread to be "sticky" if it has particular value. Its the same idea.

I've yet to see such a post!

Edited by LadyG

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2018 at 13:31, Tumshie said:

I've noticed that some of the treads have a green box with a star in it next to their heading and when I hover over it it says featured, I was just wondering what this is.

How and why does a thread get featured and how does this affect the the tread in the greater scheme of things?

I know this seems a rather random question but it is a genuine one. :)

Staff can feature topics on the forum if they are deemed worthy of being featured. It's rarely used unfortunately. Occasionally I will feature a good topic if I come across one. The system could be improved and more widely used. Perhaps something for the future.