Pendle Narrowboats

Featured Posts

To help the op out...

Pendle do make there own shells they tend to have a square counter in their cruiser stern versions which give more space but a couple of owners told me it can be nuisance as the square counter can catch where the usual rounded ones don’t. 

Ive been on a couple of their NBs and was impressed with the quality of the fitout and they were both very modern with bright airy interiors lots of white and bright colours rather than wood. 

21 hours ago, jonathanA said:

To help the op out...

Pendle do make there own shells they tend to have a square counter in their cruiser stern versions which give more space but a couple of owners told me it can be nuisance as the square counter can catch where the usual rounded ones don’t. 

Ive been on a couple of their NBs and was impressed with the quality of the fitout and they were both very modern with bright airy interiors lots of white and bright colours rather than wood. 

Thanks JonathanA...I agree the square counter looks spacious but wouldn't be too happy with it on tight canals such as the Stratford, but your personal experience of their boats is good to hear.

Rugby Boats is selling a Pendle boat at the moment, I think that she was their show case boat but I'm not sure that's just a guess, she's 3YO but it seems she's been up for sale for all that time, though not with Rugby Boats. http://rugbyboats.co.uk/listings/narrow-waters-58-reverse-style-cruiser-2015/

• Greenie 1

Ha! Then I do know what Pendle boats look like! This one has moored in our village, down the road from our house, from our house for the last couple of years. A couple operated it as a trip boat but I think one of them is not very well, so they have retired.

Incidentally, Pendle didn't build the shell. Bridgeman's, now defunct, did.

Edited by Athy

I thought the gas pipe had to be visible throughout its length, this one pops up through the bottom of the units unless you can take all the bottoms out to see it. and why do boat fitters still put bloody great holes in the bottom of doors to let the wind blow through?

Edited by ditchcrawler

12 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Something to with ventilation and killing your customers being bad for business...

I note a lot of of the new boat reviews in the mags make much of ‘low level’ ventilation ducted to prevent droughts rather than holes in the doors....

That's my point, you are fitting out a £80000 boat and you just put a couple of holes in a door with a lover on each side. My boat has about twice the BSS requirement but I don't have a gale blowing through. No wonder people block them up

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Did you spell check post #60 ?

I think it changed one of your key-words.

Cant be bothered to change it now. That's the problem with spill chucker they don't know what you wanted to say and if like me you cant spell and rely on them your stuffed from time to time. Just something I live with.