Pre Sale Inspection Help Required

peewhy

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I think you’re wasting your time, Ken. OP joined 22 hours ago, spent 4 hours making 11 posts, then buggered off. 

I think he elected to spend £1,000 on a surveyor rather than apologise for being an arse and get the help he requested for free. 

1 hour ago, KenK said:

The cut is generally filled with nice polite people who are delighted to help each other. Might I humbly suggest that you forget the idea of a boat and consider the purchase of a motorhome.

That was the impression I got before I spent any serious amount of time on the canal. Yes the majority of canal users a friendly helpful bunch, but as far as I'm aware so are the majority of people ive met no matter where they chose to live or how they pass their time. Turns out that proportionally there's about as many twarts on the canal as anywhere else.

41 minutes ago, Rumsky said:

That was the impression I got before I spent any serious amount of time on the canal. Yes the majority of canal users a friendly helpful bunch, but as far as I'm aware so are the majority of people ive met no matter where they chose to live or how they pass their time. Turns out that proportionally there's about as many twarts on the canal as anywhere else.

I'd say this is broadly true. In fact I'd say there is a higher concentration of people who turn out to be twarts on the cut than in general life. Its just that on the cut there is also a pre-disposition to be helpful to members of your own 'tribe', i.e. boaters. 

Within the big tribe of boaters there are subdivisions of tribe too, e.g. hippy/vegan/traveller types, boaters after low cost accommodation, historic boat enthusiasts, holiday boaters, and normal boaters (like moi, obvs).

Edited by LadyG
rofl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

.... and normal boaters (like moi, obvs).

Well, as Rabbie Burns said:

O wad some Pow’r the giftie gie us

To see oursels as others see us!

It wad frae monie a blunder free us An’ foolish notion: What airs in dress an’ gait wad lea’e us, And ev’n Devotion!

Edited by LadyG
OK ?

11 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Well, as Rabbie Burns said:

O wad some Pow’r the giftie gie us

To see oursels as others see us!

It wad frae monie a blunder free us An’ foolish notion: What airs in dress an’ gait wad lea’e us, And ev’n Devotion!

Que?

• Happy 1

56 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I think she's offering you a mirror, but in Scotch language ...

/runs for cover

There was a programme on tv this morning called Island medics it was about medics in Shetland iirc and at the bottom of the tv screen there were sub titles so we in England could understand ?

28 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

There was a programme on tv this morning called Island medics it was about medics in Shetland iirc and at the bottom of the tv screen there were sub titles so we in England could understand ?

surely subtitles just  transalated  'Hinnae whaeur hu dinnae fek de English coonts, "..

which came over as " there seems to be an issue, ask your friend in Derby"

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 1