Pre Sale Inspection Help Required

peewhy

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, peewhy said:

I'm the idiot?? go and polish your ego.

Someone will probably see your post that lives nearby and may well offer to assist you. The reason people are asking you questions re the boat type etc is that we get people daily now that want to look at a boat to live on that have no clue and actualy think its cheaper to live on than a house. It isnt it costs a bomb. Hang on in there and play nice ?

• Greenie 4

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Has anyone broken the T&Cs yet, other than the original poster?

Long term Forum members have been very restrained in the face of adversity. 

Edited by LadyG

The guy is just another wind up merchant, he won't buy a boat, hopefully, because he won't last a month on a boat. he will have no batteries and no friends either with his bad attitude.

I love these time wasters, they get all they deserve on this forum.

Suck it up mate, we have been kind so far.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Long term Forum members have been very restrained in the face of adversity. 

I guess it’s because it’s not really worth the effort replying to someone so rude and obtuse. 

2 hours ago, peewhy said:

My fault - I thought it was clear that I'm asking if there is anyone who can look at the boat.

There are many well meaning and experienced people on this forum who will give you all sorts of advice. Some of it will be extremely relevant and useful, but a lot of it won't, and by the nature of your request I wonder if you can tell the wheat from the chaff. Unless you are sure of their competence and expertise you may be given bad advice. At least a surveyor will be able to give you a reasonable opinion about a boat which may take your fancy, albeit at a cost. After all, that is what they do.

Good luck in your quest.

Howard

Edited by howardang

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Just think how different it would have been if the OP had said :

"Can any one recommend a surveyor to have a look at a boat for me and guide me thru any likely problems. The boats is at XXXXX.

What are the rough costs for a surveyor ?

Thanks in advance"

Yeahbut he's buying a boat because its CHEAP, shirley.

Bad mistake.

14 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Lady G is Posh and Refined ,it is good that she is a Moderator....

It's a bit of a personna, I've been known to swash  a few buckles in my time :)

Edited by LadyG
swashbuckling [sp]

I am appalled at the OPs attitude, I suspect possibly tipsy. I could offer to drive on after my Saturday morning jaunt but there is no way I am going to unless the OP apologises profusely and then answers Alan's questions. Even then I will think long ad hard about it being a trolling  exercise or not.

25 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I am appalled at the OPs attitude, I suspect possibly tipsy. I could offer to drive on after my Saturday morning jaunt but there is no way I am going to unless the OP apologises profusely and then answers Alan's questions. Even then I will think long ad hard about it being a trolling  exercise or not.

I asked him to apologise or leave, he's gone., I think. 

Edited by LadyG

18 hours ago, peewhy said:

I'm the idiot?? go and polish your ego.

The cut is generally filled with nice polite people who are delighted to help each other. Might I humbly suggest that you forget the idea of a boat and consider the purchase of a motorhome, road rage is normal and probably would suite your personality!

Ken

• Greenie 1
  • Horror 1

16 minutes ago, KenK said:

The cut is generally filled with nice polite people who are delighted to help each other. Might I humbly suggest that you forget the idea of a boat and consider the purchase of a motorhome, road rage is normal and probably would suite your personality!

Ken

I think you’re wasting your time, Ken. OP joined 22 hours ago, spent 4 hours making 11 posts, then buggered off.