Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Nev

Boat break in(s) Shebdon

Featured Posts

Had my boat broken into last night. Shebdon moorings (offside) Second time in the last few weeks a boat has been broken into on these moorings. Only moved here a few weeks ago   - never imagined the moorings offside would be unsafe. Money and and food taken alcohol left. I have my theories  - I  thought I'd just warn other people who have boats in the area to be aware.

The police were informed just to ensure the crime was reported and he/she left a screwdriver.

Not happy at all, but thats life I guess.

Nev 

• Angry 4

19 hours ago, Nev said:

Had my boat broken into last night. Shebdon moorings (offside) Second time in the last few weeks a boat has been broken into on these moorings. Only moved here a few weeks ago   - never imagined the moorings offside would be unsafe. Money and and food taken alcohol left. I have my theories  - I  thought I'd just warn other people who have boats in the area to be aware.

The police were informed just to ensure the crime was reported and he/she left a screwdriver.

Not happy at all, but thats life I guess.

Nev 

Really sorry to hear that, Nev, not a good start on a new mooring. They had a run of this at Lichfield CC, IIRC, which is why a lot of the boats there have stickers in the window saying they are alarmed. In both your case and theirs, too close to a pub, I guess.

3 minutes ago, BruceinSanity said:

Really sorry to hear that, Nev, not a good start on a new mooring. They had a run of this at Lichfield CC, IIRC, which is why a lot of the boats there have stickers in the window saying they are alarmed. In both your case and theirs, too close to a pub, I guess.

Whenever I see a sign saying "this boat is alarmed" I do wonder what frightened it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BruceinSanity said:

I think The Wharf closed a couple of years ago.

2 hours ago, archie57 said:

… but don't these moorings extend all the way from the Wharf to Lily Pascall's………..

I thought the Shebdon moorings extended most of the way to Manchester.......thats how it feels anyway...

38 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I thought the Shebdon moorings extended most of the way to Manchester.......thats how it feels anyway...

That would be a lot of moorings, isn't Shebdon near Norbury Junction?