Boat break in(s) Shebdon

Nev

Featured Posts

Had my boat broken into last night. Shebdon moorings (offside) Second time in the last few weeks a boat has been broken into on these moorings. Only moved here a few weeks ago   - never imagined the moorings offside would be unsafe. Money and and food taken alcohol left. I have my theories  - I  thought I'd just warn other people who have boats in the area to be aware.

The police were informed just to ensure the crime was reported and he/she left a screwdriver.

Not happy at all, but thats life I guess.

Nev 

• Angry 4

19 hours ago, Nev said:

Had my boat broken into last night. Shebdon moorings (offside) Second time in the last few weeks a boat has been broken into on these moorings. Only moved here a few weeks ago   - never imagined the moorings offside would be unsafe. Money and and food taken alcohol left. I have my theories  - I  thought I'd just warn other people who have boats in the area to be aware.

The police were informed just to ensure the crime was reported and he/she left a screwdriver.

Not happy at all, but thats life I guess.

Nev 

Really sorry to hear that, Nev, not a good start on a new mooring. They had a run of this at Lichfield CC, IIRC, which is why a lot of the boats there have stickers in the window saying they are alarmed. In both your case and theirs, too close to a pub, I guess.

3 minutes ago, BruceinSanity said:

Really sorry to hear that, Nev, not a good start on a new mooring. They had a run of this at Lichfield CC, IIRC, which is why a lot of the boats there have stickers in the window saying they are alarmed. In both your case and theirs, too close to a pub, I guess.

Whenever I see a sign saying "this boat is alarmed" I do wonder what frightened it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BruceinSanity said:

I think The Wharf closed a couple of years ago.

• 3 months later...