What the Daily Mail classes as news!

Tanglewood

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

That would not be my first choice of adjective.

I was referring to your comment.

quaint
/kweɪnt/
adjective
adjective: quaint; comparative adjective: quainter; superlative adjective: quaintest
  1. attractively unusual or old-fashioned.

Marriages between men and women in England and Wales have fallen a record low, official figures show.  

The rising cost of getting wed (average about £30,000) and people increasingly deciding to prioritise things such as education, buying a house and going travelling, were also given as reasons. 

“Eighty years ago people got married, in part, because society expected them to," said Chris Sherwood, chief executive at relationship support charity Relate. 

"These same societal pressures don’t exist today and it’s to be celebrated that people now have far greater choice around how they form, structure and manage their relationships. 

“It’s also possible that many people are now prioritising other things over getting married, such as education, starting a family, buying a house and going travelling. This could also be a reason for the rising average age of marriage.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I was referring to your comment.

quaint
/kweɪnt/
adjective
adjective: quaint; comparative adjective: quainter; superlative adjective: quaintest
  1. attractively unusual or old-fashioned.

Marriages between men and women in England and Wales have fallen a record low, official figures show.  

The rising cost of getting wed (average about £30,000) and people increasingly deciding to prioritise things such as education, buying a house and going travelling, were also given as reasons. 

“Eighty years ago people got married, in part, because society expected them to," said Chris Sherwood, chief executive at relationship support charity Relate. 

"These same societal pressures don’t exist today and it’s to be celebrated that people now have far greater choice around how they form, structure and manage their relationships. 

“It’s also possible that many people are now prioritising other things over getting married, such as education, starting a family, buying a house and going travelling. This could also be a reason for the rising average age of marriage.

"Partnership is the worst ship you will ever set sail on"

This was my dad's advice to me when I got married.

He knew what he was talking about.He was married twice,having four kids by his first wife,and six with my mother.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

But the most worrying aspect of the boat is that it doesn't appear to have curtains, or very few. Privacy must be a problem - though as they obviously aren't great at doing things in the right order - they have a child but they haven't yet got married - maybe they'll get round to fitting some before too long.

How utterly "Daily Mailish" of you.?

3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Before I opened the thread, I just assumed this had to be about Corbyn's jacket at the Rememberance Day!

At least he had the decency to attend, in contrast to Trump who couldn't make it to the French one for his own war dead because it was raining, poor little snowflake!

Hold hard guys, I think there is a Sunshine on here,  lets not be too critical, we might learn something :)

EDIT I think there are 51 "Sunshines", so its 50 to 1 that she is The  One

Yet.

Edited by LadyG

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

As a cutaway with the interview in the background out of focus. The laziest, most unimaginative style ever, which is increasing in frequency. 

Agreed.  I genuinely think that Theresa May was hoping to be able to announce a withdrawal agreement (Brexit, in case folk need a few more dots to join)  on Armistice Day and some papers were scratching around looking for stuff to fill the pages on Monday.

23 minutes ago, sirweste said:

A moderator said what!!!...who moderates the moderators?

Which moddy said "What!!!"? I don't follow you.

As for your question, it is a good one.:D

Edited by Athy