What the Daily Mail classes as news!

Tanglewood

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, Tanglewood said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6347041/Model-avoids-mortgage-trip-refurbishing-barge.html

In the film world this kind of padding used to be known as 'cut to the studio cat'

shes called the sprogg Willow and the boat Sunshine :banghead:

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

Before I opened the thread, I just assumed this had to be about Corbyn's jacket at the Rememberance Day!

As did I - who would wear an anorak to a Remembrance day parade.

Mind you - whoever dressed him could have attached the 'hoody' to the anorak the right way around (not inside out)

4 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

I wonder how often she moves to keep in line with the mooring regulations?

And I notice no mention of what they use for a loo!

The mail wouldn't dream of talking about loos and models in the same article :o

• Haha 1

It looks rather "Dutch Barge ish " and they have made a nice job of the inside,although I wouldn't have paid £18000 for it,but I am from Yorkshire where we are naturally thrifty.

She is probably using filtered canal water to wash her feet.

3 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

It looks rather "Dutch Barge ish " and they have made a nice job of the inside,although I wouldn't have paid £18000 for it,but I am from Yorkshire where we are naturally thrifty.

She is probably using filtered canal water to wash her feet.

Don't see any issue in using the canal water, as I do so as well

too wash the boat, unfiltered as well!

Edited by Robbo

10 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Interesting hull(on the boat) anyone know what it was originally?

Yes, it looks as if it dates back some years. It looks to be moderately widebeam - perhaps about 9 feet?

In answer to the topic title, no, it's not presented as news. It's a human-interest feature, and a reasonably interesting one, though poorly written (there is a lot of repetition).

Though fees are not mentioned, it implies that this is her permanent mooring.

Some of the comments at the end of it are rather depressing: "It must be cold and damp in winter". Er, what, with that effing great stove?

But the most worrying aspect of the boat is that it doesn't appear to have curtains, or very few. Privacy must be a problem - though as they obviously aren't great at doing things in the right order - they have a child but they haven't yet got married - maybe they'll get round to fitting some before too long.

47 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

As did I - who would wear an anorak to a Remembrance day parade.

Mind you - whoever dressed him could have attached the 'hoody' to the anorak the right way around (not inside out)

He's following in a proud tradition.  Don't you remember Michael Foot's donkey jacket on the same occasion?

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Some of the comments at the end of it are rather depressing: "It must be cold and damp in winter". Er, what, with that effing great stove?

The "Morning" fees made me chuckle.   Just get up in the afternoon then!

• Haha 1

Its a little Westlander or Kagenaar barge, probably a bit over 7` wide. Some are very basic punt type boats really but some are quite nice, Some originally carried sails and leeboards but I would imagine only in light winds.  Tend to be shallow sided though so the top can look a bit oversize for the boat. If I was short of funds I'd have one.

6 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Yes, it states as much in the article. 

Except that it was shot a few years ago. 

Shows you how much I read the article then ? 

The bit that I dislike is the raising off the roof at the front, kinda spoils the lines.

Edited by Robbo