Battery wiring at fault? 12v socket reading jumping.

Lady_Why

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

Lady-w

many of us on here use the UT203, though for small currents the ut210e is better.

If you decide to get the ut210e meter be careful when ordering as there is also a ut210a and ut210b which both are a bit cheaper BUT they are AC only for current.

Good to know - it would have been something I wouldn't have picked up on at this stage of my learning.

1 hour ago, Lady_Why said:

Got one; want the other!

Being serious, if you do buy an ammeter or other shunt based battery monitor for your boat it would be dead simple to install and we could tell you how. You already have the required battery wiring. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Lady_Why said:

But he also said they are unlikely to ever fail, so it's a bit of a mystery why he has so many kicking around..... ?

I have lots kicking around so there is always one to hand, whether I am on one of the boats, in the house or in the van. :D

5 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Cos if two are different then you need a third to verify. Tis why Mtb has 3 SmartGauges:)

No it isn't! You can't use a Smartgauge to calibrate another Smartgauge. They cannot be trusted as any fule kno.

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I have lots kicking around so there is always one to hand, whether I am on one of the boats, in the house or in the van. :D

No it isn't! You can't use a Smartgauge to calibrate another Smartgauge. They cannot be trusted as any fule kno.

Why have you got three then..... Nevermind..... Don't answer that! 

• Haha 1

On 16/11/2018 at 15:26, Lady_Why said:

And here's Horus, my one-eyed cat.

Horus. The All Seeing Eye. What a great name for a one-eyed kat!!

6 hours ago, Lady_Why said:

In celebration of the fact that I have not lost £400, I am adopting another rescue cat. 

Which, in effect, come the day, you will all have helped the adoption of another homeless cat. ❤️

So, may we have some input into naming your new rescue kat?

I'm gonna suggest you call it "Mr Brooks", after Tony. 

• Greenie 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I asked NB Lola to re-open the thread so I'd be able to update you all on the new rescue cat... but then it took ... eh.... a few days before I could find the time to work out how to upload a video (or a gif as it ended up being). ?

So, YES, there is a new one-eyed cat in my home. Things happened a little faster than anticipated as they were delivering rescues from Romania and had an empty van-slot to fill if someone was willing to do a last minute foster - it seemed fate, so I said yes. I then had a bit of a saga picking the cat up - which turned out to be a kitten - from the motorway drop off point (I don't have a car... & still couldn't afford a taxi), but that's another story! (*it consumed a whole weekend & rated a good 7 on the frustration richter scale )

I just wanted you all to know - and especially Tony - that you all contributed to this rescue since I would have had to put it off otherwise (had I brought an expensive electrician around & ended up repaying debts in December!). So YAY TO ALL OF YOU!

I hope it makes you feel SEASONAL. :cheers:

1st_xmas.gif

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Lady_Why said:

Hello everyone!

I asked NB Lola to re-open the thread so I'd be able to update you all on the new rescue cat... but then it took ... eh.... a few days before I could find the time to work out how to upload a video (or a gif as it ended up being). ?

So, YES, there is a new one-eyed cat in my home. Things happened a little faster than anticipated as they were delivering rescues from Romania and had an empty van-slot to fill if someone was willing to do a last minute foster - it seemed fate, so I said yes. I then had a bit of a saga picking the cat up - which turned out to be a kitten - from the motorway drop off point (I don't have a car... & still couldn't afford a taxi), but that's another story! (*it consumed a whole weekend & rated a good 7 on the frustration richter scale )

I just wanted you all to know - and especially Tony - that you all contributed to this rescue since I would have had to put it off otherwise (had I brought an expensive electrician around & ended up repaying debts in December!). So YAY TO ALL OF YOU!

I hope it makes you feel SEASONAL. :cheers:

1st_xmas.gif

Thanks for the up-date.

Merry Christmas.

• Love 1