Eberspacher remote control

Ian Fossett

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, Ian Fossett said:

Some of you with Eberspacher heating may be interested in remotely controlling their heating. I have done this using a wifi switch , the Sonoff sv wifi switch is available on line for less than £10 . It needs a little modification but its very easy to do.

Long standing computer wisdom says KISS - keep it simple stupid. There can't be much effort required in going over and throwing a switch in a boat?? 

4 hours ago, OldGoat said:

Long standing computer wisdom says KISS - keep it simple stupid. There can't be much effort required in going over and throwing a switch in a boat?? 

I find this bloody difficult from 100 miles away, which is the whole pointy of the OP, Shirley.

5 hours ago, Ian Fossett said:

Some of you with Eberspacher heating may be interested in remotely controlling their heating. I have done this using a wifi switch , the Sonoff sv wifi switch is available on line for less than £10 . It needs a little modification but its very easy to do.

Fascinating.

You have to install an app of your phone called eWeLink and it is a right bitch, with all the instructions being in Chinese google-converted into English, so basically meaningless.

I eventually succeeded in getting it working last year and it all worked reasonably well for the winter then in Spring it stopped working. I could not get the Sonoff to pair with my wifi and phone after it decided to unpair itself, and being warm I let it drop for the summer.

Recently I bought another Sonoff, fitted it and then found I could not log into my eWeLink app. It had been 'upgraded' I think, but I'm still not sure. So I deleted it from the phone and re-installed it. Now it will still not let me log in, saying it has sent a code to my phone which never arrives. 

If this is you idea of 'easy to to', I'd hate to see what you think is difficult!!

56 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I find this bloody difficult from 100 miles away, which is the whole pointy of the OP, Shirley.

!Duh!  - I thought remotely meant not getting out of your chair....

• Haha 2

What was difficult about installing the ewelink app ??? I found it pretty easy just like installing any other app. Easy logical setup it also is compatable with amazon Alexa so the heating can be controlled by an Amazon Echo or the Alexa app . The Alexa app automatically finds the ewelink controlled device. A hell of a lot cheaper than the Ebespacher gsm kit which I think is about £350. 

Well I don't know everything about everything , I would be the first to admit it. But having posted what I thought would be helpfull information all I get you saying its effectively a waste of time . Its not a waste of time the technology DOES work . It didn't for you , I don't know why that was. Did you use a sonoff sv ? Did you modify the circuit board to isolated mode. I am not an electrical genius ,,, very very far from it. With a bit of reasearch I got it to work and thought I would share that info with others to save them time and money.

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh you've had trouble with it too then eh?! 

:giggles:

Nah. I have a squirrel to keep me warm. Wish it was here tonight, its bloody freezing! 

Just now, cereal tiller said:

OnSofa Beach? was that a hit for Martha and the Muffins?

Was it far away in time? 

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Nah. I have a squirrel to keep me warm. Wish it was here tonight, its bloody freezing! 

Yes that's my next project with Sonoff Home Automation. Light the Squirrel with it.

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Was it far away in time? 

Yes. 40 years ago. And didn't the lead singer look like Adam Chance from Crossroads?