Looking for someone to interview

PumpkinSoup

Featured Posts

On 10/11/2018 at 20:39, PumpkinSoup said:

I am working in a company called infinity Nautical Services Limited and we are a new company based in London. 

As for our URL http://www.inslondon.com/index.php However, the information not 100% correct.

Really? That website is for a company which claims decades of experience, is based in Abu Dhabi, and doesn't seem to offer anything remotely of interest to the type of boater who reads this site.

5 hours ago, David Mack said:

Really? That website is for a company which claims decades of experience, is based in Abu Dhabi, and doesn't seem to offer anything remotely of interest to the type of boater who reads this site.

The service I have mentioned previously is still not written on the website because is still pre-launched services. We wanted to do some pre-research to see if it is viable before we launch it or put it on the website.  Sorry, for the confusement I haded to ask my boss this today to be clear too. T.T . I just started this job for a week now by randomly encountering my boss in the middle of Trafalgar Square and I am still learning about the company ?. We have different trade names and different activity in different countries and here in London and we started since 2012. Hope this clears things up.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, David Mack said:

The website seems to be one of 36 domains registered by V V Thomas in Perumbavoor India https://domainbigdata.com/gmail.com/mj/3igqTwRVN8taL8EDI4XKew

11 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I advised him to come back and ask for more interviewees who are less experience than many of us. He wanted me to attribute emotions to the stages of deciding I needed some form of service (survey, blacking, maintenance etc.) at each  "stage" of the process but I simply could not relate to this concept so maybe he needs to talk to someone more prone to emotions about things that need doing.

I to cannot perceive any 'emotion' related to boat maintenance, any more than changing a tyre on a car, or painting the kitchen (in a house). They are simply things that must be done.

Why is it that 'everything' these days has to be touchy-feely (is blacking supposed to release some of our 'feminine side'. or what ?)

Having said that, boat maintenance is probably a bit like going to the toilet - a feeling of relief when 'the job is done'.

11 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I think his boss thinks we all need mandatory surveys  every year

In the 'commercial shipping' world surveys are a regular, mandatory requirement.

Did you happen to explain that even away from the canals (ie, on Lumpy-water) leisure boat surveys are not required and lift-outs would only be for replacing anti-foul etc, there is no mandatory requirement for insurance, and, there is no licensing authority.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I to cannot perceive any 'emotion' related to boat maintenance, any more than changing a tyre on a car, or painting the kitchen (in a house). They are simply things that must be done.

Why is it that 'everything' these days has to be touchy-feely (is blacking supposed to release some of our 'feminine side'. or what ?)

Having said that, boat maintenance is probably a bit like going to the toilet - a feeling of relief when 'the job is done'.

In the 'commercial shipping' world surveys are a regular, mandatory requirement.

Did you happen to explain that even away from the canals (ie, on Lumpy-water) leisure boat surveys are not required and lift-outs would only be for replacing anti-foul etc, there is no mandatory requirement for insurance, and, there is no licensing authority.

My views entirely. I got the impression this might be his first job and was trying to put "university" methods into practice. Not his fault really.

As I am not fully aware of the insurance company requirements for lump water boats I could only suggest any need for surveys would be at the behest of the insurance company. This is why I also directed him to the Barge Association and the YBW Forum.

On 11/11/2018 at 17:45, Athy said:

Good point - if I drove, which I don't. I could get there free on my 'bus pass but it would probably cost me a couple of nights' hotel accommodation en route!

The Brase is not especially cheap but it's likeable and it's the nearest thing we have to a "local" these days. So I'm more likely to drink Taylor's Landlord  in there, and it's £4 a pint. 

£4 a pint? Is it ambrosia? It’s enough to make you think of drinking water, although tats probably £2 a pint.

30 minutes ago, Athy said:

How much would it cost in Tenerife?

I don't think there is any Taylor's Landlord in Tenerife (or there wasn't when I was there, and I went into a LOT of bars to find out).  I did find some Bombardier in Tarragona, though.  It was rubbish.