Looking for someone to interview

PumpkinSoup

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Why ?

Are you trying to hide something ?

No doubt when You-Tube lost the personal details of 14 million 'customers' you were 'not sure how you felt' ?

I am not trying to hide anything, nor do I have anything to hide. If this topic made you felt uncomfortable in anyway I am sorry and for anyone else, and I can delete this topic.  

16 minutes ago, PumpkinSoup said:

I am not trying to hide anything, nor do I have anything to hide. If this topic made you felt uncomfortable in anyway I am sorry and for anyone else, and I can delete this topic.  

I don't think you can delete everything.

I do think you went about this in a roundabout way, which is why you have been getting flack,

Edited by LadyG

4 hours ago, PumpkinSoup said:

Hi Everyone :)

I would like to request an interview researching about life as a boat owner and how people take care of their boat.  I am working in a small company about making boat surveying and maintenance easier and more efficient, such as not involving crane. I want to understand more about life as a boat owner such as; how they interact with their boat everyday, how people do their maintenance as well as their journey to prepare and do their survey. The interview should be about an hour and filmed (If allowed). At the end of the interview, we are also giving 10-pound amazon Gift CardIf anyone is interested please tell me at [email protected] If there are also any question please ask :)  Thank you so much.

Not sure I would be typical but as long as you don't make me waste half a day waiting for a no-show like the last chap I offered to help in a similar way I would be happy to be interviewed for no payment one one condition. I feel I have to protect my reputation you and your company/sponsors/ whatever will all agree to:

1. protect my anonimity

2. delete/destroy all recordings/notes/film upon request by myself.

The reason is that I will not and can not be seen to endorse/recommend or in any other way promote a commercial operation.

17 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I don't think you can delete everything.

I do think you went about this in a roundabout way, which is why you have been getting flack,

I see thank you for letting me know.  I am once again sorry everyone, for not being clear of what I was putting and made people felt uncomfortable. 

3 minutes ago, PumpkinSoup said:

I see thank you for letting me know.  I am once again sorry everyone, for not being clear of what I was putting and made people felt uncomfortable. 

You're not really getting it. We don't 'feel uncomfortable', we feel used and misled.

If you had pitched up here and said something like "Hi guys, I'm the boss of a new company with a new way of surveying and I'd very much appreciate your views. I'd also be grateful if anyone would agree to being interviewed, which will take about half a day to get an hour in the can", you'd have got a very positive and constructive response.

As it is, I doubt anyone believes an hour long interview will take up just an hour of our time from when you and your crew arrive at the interviewee's boat to when you leave. And offering a £10 Amazon voucher in payment is pretty parsimonious in my opinion, it'a barely above Minimum Wage. Some might say even insulting, but not me. Taking the interviewee down the pub for a few jars would seem more appreciative. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not sure I would be typical but as long as you don't make me waste half a day waiting for a no-show like the last chap I offered to help in a similar way I would be happy to be interviewed for no payment one one condition. I feel I have to protect my reputation you and your company/sponsors/ whatever will all agree to:

1. protect my anonimity

2. delete/destroy all recordings/notes/film upon request by myself.

The reason is that I will not and can not be seen to endorse/recommend or in any other way promote a commercial operation.

Thank you so much Tony, yes everything will be anonymous and as for anyone else as well and of course delete upon request.  The answers will not be used as a promotion but for user research (if you do not mind). I guess these were the parts  I was not clear about...I feel really stupid now...but once again thank you. If you would tell me a good time and location I will love to come and speak to you. 

5 minutes ago, PumpkinSoup said:

I don't think you're making people uncomfortable but had your first post on the forum been more transparent about who you are and who you represent and what you actually want to achieve by being here then things might be going differently right now. 

You may have lost some trust points. ? But it still might work out.....

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You're not really getting it. We don't 'feel uncomfortable', we feel used and misled.

If you had pitched up here and said something like "Hi guys, I'm the boss of a new company with a new way of surveying and I'd very much appreciate your views. I'd also be grateful if anyone would agree to being interviewed, which will take about half a day to get an hour in the can", you'd have got a very positive and constructive response.

As it is, I doubt anyone believes an hour long interview will take up just an hour of our time from when you and your crew arrive at the interviewee's boat to when you leave. And offering a £10 Amazon voucher in payment is pretty parsimonious in my opinion, it'a barely above Minimum Wage. Some might say even insulting, but not me. Taking the interviewee down the pub for a few jars would seem more appreciative. 

I see.... now that I read this..I can definitely feel why now... i am really sorry again...but thank you for taking your time for feedback. This is the first company that I started to work and is in startup.... I really was inexperienced. Although I know I lost a lot of trust points..but I will keep in mind and make sure I will not make same kind of mistake. Thank you for your feedback,  only now I realize that I approached everyone in a wrong manner.    

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't have faceache (or whatever) but this may be of use to someone :

Pumpkinsoup = Sean Koo

https://www.instagram.com/seandhkoo/?hl=en

https://www.facebook.com/SeandhKoo

Sorry Alan, sorry for not being transparent and made you felt misused or any other way. I just felt like I wanted to apologize to you separately. 

3 minutes ago, PumpkinSoup said:

I see.... now that I read this..I can definitely feel why now... i am really sorry again...but thank you for taking your time for feedback. This is the first company that I started to work and is in startup.... I really was inexperienced. Although I know I lost a lot of trust points..but I will keep in mind and make sure I will not make same kind of mistake. Thank you for your feedback,  only now I realize that I approached everyone in a wrong manner.    

Well start again, and tell us who the company is and what your role is, and I think you'll find people here pretty forgiving. You still might not get the interview, but you might too especially if you give some more details about what you have in mind. I got the impression initially this was to me a filmed interview possibly for publication. Is that wrong? Is it to just be audio recorded, and for what purpose?

Does the company have a website? Whats the URL? You may well end up getting a lot of very well-informed input, some of it rather brutal ;) 

Sorry for not being clear in the first post. I will reintroduce myself and tell about our company and what we are doing.

I am working in a company called infinity Nautical Services Limited and we are a new company based in London. 

As for our URL http://www.inslondon.com/index.php However, the information not 100% correct..we are a new company and still trying to establish our identity. the main purpose for us is to do survey of boats, that does not involve in the usage of crane. Rather it is able to lift the boat from water and still able to do survey or any check out for the boat. Currently I am a new designer for the company and I am in charge of user research and building up any services related to the product. For that, I want to able to do some user research. I am new to the boat and know almost nothing about it, until recently I start working in the company. Therefore I really want to understand boaters life.

As for the interview will not be used for publication, I will be alone there will not be any crew. I just want to understand the life as a boater. The interview will be anonymous and mainly I want to use for interview to understand the pain and gain points of the current service. Too see if we are going on a right direction or anything we can improve. I wanted to film because I felt is nicer to look back a video to understand users feeling or situation rather than a plain voice. 

Once gain sorry for not being transparent about it, please forgive my rudeness. All the feedback really help me learn and grew as a person. Although I feel an interview might be difficult however I hope I can still talk to you all and ask for help in the future. 

If there are anyone has more questions or feedback please ask me:)

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

In no way would I wish to be interviewed but I am fascinated by the idea of being able to take the boat out of the water without the use of a crane - and does this also mean without either a slipway or dry dock? There is nothing new in those methods and I can't think of any other way - apart from "Beam me up, Scotty".

2 hours ago, bizzard said:

Isn't it nice, and old Noah was the only boat builder that ever built and finished a boat on time. :)

That's because there was no RCD to comply with, back then.

Takes longer to read and digest the RCD than to build a boat. 

On 10/11/2018 at 15:03, Athy said:

In fairness, it is possible that English is not Mr. Soup's first language.

I must say I'd rather have a £10 beer voucher. Blimey, I'd get two and a half pints in the  Brasenose with that.

You'd get five pints of Sam Smith's bitter for that in the Colliers Arms on the Calder And Hebble near Elland!

45 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

You'd get five pints of Sam Smith's bitter for that in the Colliers Arms on the Calder And Hebble near Elland!

Maybe but it would cost him over a hundred pounds in petrol in his car to get there and back.

13 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Maybe but it would cost him over a hundred pounds in petrol in his car to get there and back.

Good point - if I drove, which I don't. I could get there free on my 'bus pass but it would probably cost me a couple of nights' hotel accommodation en route!

The Brase is not especially cheap but it's likeable and it's the nearest thing we have to a "local" these days. So I'm more likely to drink Taylor's Landlord  in there, and it's £4 a pint. 

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Good point - if I drove, which I don't. I could get there free on my 'bus pass but it would probably cost me a couple of nights' hotel accommodation en route!

The Brase is not especially cheap but it's likeable and it's the nearest thing we have to a "local" these days. So I'm more likely to drink Taylor's Landlord  in there, and it's £4 a pint. 

My fave beer innitt!! That Nightwatch chap was in there drinking your Brasenose supply last week!! 

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

My fave beer innitt!! That Nightwatch chap was in there drinking your Brasenose supply last week!! 

Aye, he's a man of taste, is Mr. Watch, despite the side of the Pennines from which he hails, and despite appearances it looks as if you are too. If either you or he is in there next weekend I may have to jostle you out of the way to get at the Taylor's.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Aye, he's a man of taste, is Mr. Watch, despite the side of the Pennines from which he hails, and despite appearances it looks as if you are too. If either you or he is in there next weekend I may have to jostle you out of the way to get at the Taylor's.

Mini Banter?