View new content

dor

Featured Posts

Something has changed in my settings and I can't find where.  I used to have 'view new content' by default and this would be displayed on the right in the light blue bar at the top and bottom.  Now it shows 'unread content'.  I can get 'view new content' by going to 'All activity/My activity streams/view new content  but it reverts to 'unread content'. I've looked through my profile settings but can't see it.

Where am I going wrong?

Edited by dor

My screen still displays "View New Content" in the position which you describe. If I press on it, a list of threads is displayed, with those which include unread content in bold type so that they may be easily identified.

4 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

All Activity button on the header.  Click and change.

Tried that.   Whilst I can click 'View new content" on the drop-down list from the 'activity' button and get 'view new content' on the left hand side of the bar, it still shows "unread content" on the right.  Then it goes back to unread content.

4 hours ago, Athy said:

My screen still displays "View New Content" in the position which you describe. If I press on it, a list of threads is displayed, with those which include unread content in bold type so that they may be easily identified. 

That's how it was for me.  Now it only shows 'unread contact on the right.

I recall that as part of one of the forum software updates some time back, view new content" stopped doing what it had previously done, and there was much debate about it.

Eventually posts emerged showing how to customise a button for your account, to replicate the former behaviour, (we all had to do this individually, if we wanted it back the way it used to be, I think).

It it possible you had this customisation, but that it has somehow got lost?  If so a search to check that you still have what was prescribed then might be in order.