Researching the history of my boat, 'Detrytus'.

Tom909

Featured Posts

Jo, Thanks for extra pics, and yes, that is indeed the engine that is still in the boat - a Beta Marine 35.

BWM, That is a possibility, but it is a mistake on the part of the people who then said the boat was built in 1992. I get the feeling that the numbering system is accurate in that the numbers were handed out in the year that the boat was first registered - so the boat can be older than the number, but not younger.

My apologies to anyone bored by all this, but I'm going to put the thread up again but this time using the number instead of the name. I think the name may have been changed around 2007 which is possibly the reason that I can't get any info before that date.

Incidentally Tom, sorry if that last bit came across as grumpy, it was merely an observation. One of my customers spent all day calling me 'Pete' earlier this week...!

Please let me know if you'd like any more of the photos. I'm afraid my phone camera wasn't brilliant at the time (or its operator...) but you're most welcome to them.

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Is the Beta engine the original engine?

If so a call to Beta Marine https://betamarine.co.uk with the serial number will give you its year of manufacture, which will be within a year of the boats build date.

On 13/11/2018 at 06:40, Joe the plumber said:

We looked round it at Whilton in September 2015 and I was initially quite keen to buy it. It had just had a brand new engine fitted. However they showed me a recent survey and it needed overplating, so we left it.

10 hours ago, Joe the plumber said:

Incidentally Tom, sorry if that last bit came across as grumpy, it was merely an observation. One of my customers spent all day calling me 'Pete' earlier this week...!

Please let me know if you'd like any more of the photos. I'm afraid my phone camera wasn't brilliant at the time (or its operator...) but you're most welcome to them.

I worked for a chap who called everyone Jimmy as he could never remember names. that way he didn't offend an individual.