Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
mrsmelly

Beer and laptops.

Featured Posts

If you think beer or wine does a lot of damage, done even ask what a very large glass of Baileys manages to do.

Apparently although you think you might have washed enough out, it stays put and very effectively slowly etches bits if the circuit board.

Or so a "friend" told me - clearly I would not be that stupid!😎

9 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

If you think beer or wine does a lot of damage, done even ask what a very large glass of Baileys manages to do.

Apparently although you think you might have washed enough out, it stays put and very effectively slowly etches bits if the circuit board.

Or so a "friend" told me - clearly I would not be that stupid!😎

Expensive but cheaper than a new keyboard / laptop

https://www.menkind.co.uk/beer-that-won-t-fall-over

33 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Or coffee.

I also once spilled soup on a keyboard at work. But this was a separate keyboard for a desktop and built like a tank. After popping off the keycaps it was fairly easy to clean the base unit.  

And not quite so straightforward to get all the keycaps back on in the right order...

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

I knocked a full large  glass of red wine into a friends laptop keyboard.

He immediately took the battery out and ran the keyboard under the cold tap for a couple of minutes.

Left it for 3 days in a warm place to dry out, worked fine no stickyness.

I think this is the best approach, running water if the drink you've spilt is at all acidic. Many are, especially tea and any cola, and pretty much any drink other than plain water has something dissolved in it which will make the water conduct electricity and create a short circuit.

Prevention is better than cure; never bring a drink over or near a laptop.

For a separate keyboard like I use with my desktop PC, don't worry much, they're cheap to replace if necessary.

1 hour ago, KevMc said:

Expensive but cheaper than a new keyboard / laptop

https://www.menkind.co.uk/beer-that-won-t-fall-over

Amazing, according to the image in the link it also sticks the head to the body of the beer, preventing it (the liquid beer) from finding a level as the glass is tipped. 😆

8 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Amazing, according to the image in the link it also sticks the head to the body of the beer, preventing it (the liquid beer) from finding a level as the glass is tipped. 😆

I tried one in one of their shops (a different model admittedly) and it wouldn't shift when I tried to tip it over but lifted straight up very easily .... I wondered if it was cheating by having a strong magnet so I moved it to another surface and it worked just the same ..... ain't technology wonderfuel :cheers:

Edited by KevMc
speeling

On 09/11/2018 at 11:11, mrsmelly said:

It will be easy enough to get one I reckon? after all the " In thing " at the moment 🙄 is having a Romanian rescue dog as we dont have enough rescue dogs that need homes in the UK already :banghead:

Labradors used to be a favourite breed but now everyone has a 'Rescue'

7 minutes ago, 1agos said:

Labradors used to be a favourite breed but now everyone has a 'Rescue'

We have a rescued as the term is Labrador. she is a sweetheart. We dont need dogs rescuing from other countries when we have too many already do we :cheers:

• Greenie 1