Mouse in roof void?

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, WotEver said:

I’m outraged!

That's worse than being seriously offended, right? If so, the OP appears to have beaten you to it!  ;)

On 09/11/2018 at 08:29, oats said:

Morning all, please sensible answer only. 

There was a clue that a flounce was a possibility in the original question above which is why I tried to head this off at the pass at post #3...

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The thing about the tongue in cheek answers is that they keep the thread active and it keeps "bumping" back to the top of the list. If no-one answers for a while, the chances of the amateur rat catcher seeing it and helping you diminish with time. This subject could make for quite an active thread if humour was allowed - your call though.

Clearly that didn't work, but seems that the bit in bold was correct!

• Greenie 1

On 09/11/2018 at 09:01, Sea Dog said:

if humour was allowed - your call though.

Thing is, it isn’t the OP’s call. No-one here has any control or authority over the course a thread takes after starting it. 

As as you say, it appears a petulent flounce was being set up right at the start of the thread 

• Greenie 1

15 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

A friend of mine used that stick card stuff to catch the ones in his boat like this stuff https://www.gluetraps.co.uk/mouse-glue-trap-boards-1-c.asp

Capture.JPG

People use glueboards without thinking ahead as to how they are going to deal with a mouse/rat caught on it. Many people rather than carrying out a humane dispatch just leave the rodent to die a slow, distressing and painful death whilst trapped in the glue. My job used to take me into houses and commercial kitchens and on many occasions I came across a dead mouse or rat on a glueboard which had gnawed one of it's legs off in its desperation to free itself while slowly dying of starvation and/or exhaustion. 

They should be banned IMO. Poison or a legally approved spring trap is much more humane.

• Greenie 2

13 hours ago, oats said:

Lots of pathetic replies for a serious question i must remember NOT to bother asking sensible questions on here and expect sensible answers, ill leave this site as i feel insulted.

Nah mate, you haven't been anywhere near insulted.  If you'd like to subscribe to a site where you can experience being properly insulted by experts, PM me for details. 

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

There was a clue that a flounce was a possibility in the original question above which is why I tried to head this off at the pass at post #3...

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thing is, it isn’t the OP’s call. No-one here has any control or authority over the course a thread takes after starting it. 

As as you say, it appears a petulent flounce was being set up right at the start of the thread 

I Think that Mr Oats got exactly what he wanted - he wanted and excuse to act butt hurt and he would have found it even if the only place he had to look was his own imagination.

15 hours ago, oats said:

Lots of pathetic replies for a serious question i must remember NOT to bother asking sensible questions on here and expect sensible answers, ill leave this site as i feel insulted.

Seventeen people gave you very sensible and informative answers - at least three people answer your question in full, giving you information that would have allowed you (with out any other in put from any body else) to solve your problem. 

At no point did you so much as acknowledge those people never mind thank them for their time and effort and kindness in supporting you and taking you seriously - no, you made two posts contributing to the conversation and they both resembled "I can't - it's too hard".  So is it really you who was insulted - No I don't think so. 

Now if you'll excuse me I have a Nano Moth to slay and a slug sarnie munch.  :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

images.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's worse than being seriously offended, right? If so, the OP appears to have beaten you to it!  ;)

Indeed. It continues to surprise me, although after all these years I’m not really sure why, quite how up themselves some folk are. 

• Greenie 1