Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
magictime

Now I remember why I wanted a dinette...

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Machpoint005 said:

I notice it isn't big enough for a tiddlywinks mat.

Yes, and I think Twister is out too. Maybe that's the point of widebeams! I've always wondered.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, magictime said:

20181108_155844_HDR.jpg

Is this some kind of mobile pharmacy?  What's that in all the little plastic bags?Highly suspicious!!!😎😎😎😎

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Dinettes are great. Always sounds a bit American to me Uncle Tom's Dinnette!

Yes, a Pullman dinette was very near the top of our wishlist when we were looking for a boat. Breaks up the 'corridor' look, gives you an extra living area on top of the saloon, loads of storage... and obviously perfect for board games, which I expect to feature heavily in our liveaboard life as a frugal form of entertainment!

3 minutes ago, Ian F B said:

Is this some kind of mobile pharmacy?  What's that in all the little plastic bags?Highly suspicious!!!😎😎😎😎

Its that LDS stuff. Don't drawer the curtains,it will result in a bad trip!

1 minute ago, magictime said:

Yes, a Pullman dinette was very near the top of our wishlist when we were looking for a boat. Breaks up the 'corridor' look, gives you an extra living area on top of the saloon, loads of storage... and obviously perfect for board games, which I expect to feature heavily in our liveaboard life as a frugal form of entertainment!

We have a dinette its Ggggggggggggggrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaattttttttt!

3 minutes ago, magictime said:

Agreed,mine also makes into a single bed,does yours?😎😎😎

1 hour ago, Ian F B said:

Mine makes a double bed 1400 x 2000mm.  Its good for big games.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Its that LDS stuff. Don't drawer the curtains,it will result in a bad trip!

It’s a board game for the Latter Day Saints?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, haza said:

very nice mine is being fitted tomorrow .i will post photos if any one is interested 

yes please I like photos

21 hours ago, Ian F B said:

SIngle? You mean European Super King Size, surely.

Actually we find ours OK. Our 'proper' bed is only 4ft wide anyway, so we're used to it.

20 hours ago, Halsey said:

where is the compulsory jigsaw!

Don't worry, Mrs Magictime has plenty of those stashed away too!

To me a dinette seems far too much like something you'd find in a camper van. I have a full size double sided drop leaf table.

Edited by blackrose

8 minutes ago, blackrose said:

To me a dinette seems far too much like something you'd find in a camper van. I have a full size double sided drop leaf table.

Oh do it properly, drop leaf table indeed, once we move the bookcase and chuck the cat outside we have a proper table....

State Dining Room at Warwick Castle

• Greenie 2

On 10/11/2018 at 22:09, blackrose said:

I don't mind the 'camper van' vibe. In fact I'd rather have something that's designed to maximise comfort, storage, guest accommodation etc in a small space than compromise on those things in pursuit of something more 'house'-y. It's not like a narrowboat cabin is ever going to feel like a 'proper' dining room, with or without a big table and chairs! But fair enough if it works for you of course; I can see the sense in something that folds away when not in use. Is there room for diners on two/three/fours sides when it's up, or does it stay in a corner and seat one or two, or what?

3 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Mine is a permanent bed as I don't have anyone to play with...

That's all right. The game in the picture (and quite a few in our collection, actually) has a one-player option.