Now I remember why I wanted a dinette...

magictime

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Dinettes are great. Always sounds a bit American to me Uncle Tom's Dinnette!

Yes, a Pullman dinette was very near the top of our wishlist when we were looking for a boat. Breaks up the 'corridor' look, gives you an extra living area on top of the saloon, loads of storage... and obviously perfect for board games, which I expect to feature heavily in our liveaboard life as a frugal form of entertainment!

3 minutes ago, Ian F B said:

Is this some kind of mobile pharmacy?  What's that in all the little plastic bags?Highly suspicious!!!????

Its that LDS stuff. Don't drawer the curtains,it will result in a bad trip!

1 minute ago, magictime said:

Yes, a Pullman dinette was very near the top of our wishlist when we were looking for a boat. Breaks up the 'corridor' look, gives you an extra living area on top of the saloon, loads of storage... and obviously perfect for board games, which I expect to feature heavily in our liveaboard life as a frugal form of entertainment!

We have a dinette its Ggggggggggggggrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaattttttttt!

3 minutes ago, magictime said:

Agreed,mine also makes into a single bed,does yours????

21 hours ago, Ian F B said:

Agreed,mine also makes into a single bed,does yours????

SIngle? You mean European Super King Size, surely.

Actually we find ours OK. Our 'proper' bed is only 4ft wide anyway, so we're used to it.

20 hours ago, Halsey said:

where is the compulsory jigsaw!

Don't worry, Mrs Magictime has plenty of those stashed away too!

8 minutes ago, blackrose said:

To me a dinette seems far too much like something you'd find in a camper van. I have a full size double sided drop leaf table.

Oh do it properly, drop leaf table indeed, once we move the bookcase and chuck the cat outside we have a proper table....

State Dining Room at Warwick Castle

• Greenie 2

On 10/11/2018 at 22:09, blackrose said:

To me a dinette seems far too much like something you'd find in a camper van. I have a full size double sided drop leaf table.

I don't mind the 'camper van' vibe. In fact I'd rather have something that's designed to maximise comfort, storage, guest accommodation etc in a small space than compromise on those things in pursuit of something more 'house'-y. It's not like a narrowboat cabin is ever going to feel like a 'proper' dining room, with or without a big table and chairs! But fair enough if it works for you of course; I can see the sense in something that folds away when not in use. Is there room for diners on two/three/fours sides when it's up, or does it stay in a corner and seat one or two, or what?