2019-2020 Licence Fees Announced

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, croftie said:

The only  "logic" I can see is that taking a narrow boat as 6' 10"  = 2.08m

2.08 + 4% = 2.16m

2.16 + 50% = 3.24m

But an Inland Waterways Narrowboat is defined in law, as "having a beam of less than seven feet six inches"

7' 6" = 90 inches = 2.3 metres

C&RT have unilaterally decided (no surprise there) that anything over 7' 1" (2.16m) is now a 'widebeam'.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

18 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But an Inland Waterways Narrowboat is defined in law, as "having a beam of less than seven feet six inches"

7' 6" = 90 inches = 2.3 metres

C&RT have unilaterally decided (no surprise there) that anything over 7' 1" (2.16m) is now a 'widebeam'.

So will the historic narrowboats which have spread now be eligible for the wide beam surcharge?

On 08/11/2018 at 15:19, Phil. said:

Given the parlous state of the offside vegetation, and shallows on these various waters, I can foresee hours of endless fun, watching these pig ugly things trying to pass each other, if they ever move of course.

They certainly won't be pushing my narrowboat into the offside vegetation to pass.  I will, and have done in the past, stop on the towpath until they have passed.

George

5 hours ago, furnessvale said:

They certainly won't be pushing my narrowboat into the offside vegetation to pass.  I will, and have done in the past, stop on the towpath until they have passed.

George

Indeed, the steere of the rather large hotel boat Kailani got rather hot under the collar as it exited Buckby lock 9 going up and I moved to the towpath and held Old Friends there, he had been signalling for me to move to the other side but I know how shallow it is on that side and the trees are rather overgrown.....:D