Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
MJG

2018 Photo competition - Enter your pics. on here.

Featured Posts

2018 - Photo competition

The rules are very very simple.

1 - One entry per member and must be a boaty/waterways theme, though all entries submitted will just be entered it will be up to the voting members to decide if an entry fits this criteria and vote accordingly.

2 - Your own work, and taken this year, but as this will not be verifiable all entries will simply be entered.

This thread will run for 14 day period or untill 40 entries are reached as this is the max. number of choices offered in a poll by the forum software.

All entries will then be assembled into a voting thread which will be open for a week. Entries can also be sent to me using the forum PM messaging system or by attaching to an email to - [email protected]

If a caption is included such as a location description or name given to the picture it will be carried over into the voting thread.

Likes in this entry thread will be ignored for voting purposes as not everybody knows how to post pictures on here and some may be emailed direct to me.

As it's just a bit of fun no prizes will be on offer other than the kudos of having your photographic talents recognised!!

My favourite this year. Autumn twixt Braunson and Napton.IMG_20181022_090053.jpg.75a3532b30460fc66661e69d1a976124.jpg

Edited by johnmck
  • Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Flying Scotsman and Fulbourne, River Nene Sept 2018

FS.jpg

You could have photoshopped out the photographer, guaranteed winner.

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

You could have photoshopped out the photographer, guaranteed winner.

Agreed , without the photographer in that's an exceptional photo.

49 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Playing with big bridges, New Junction canal, June 2018

58C8BF78-42CB-49CE-A0E5-C6EA46A7DA87.jpeg

We have to do this most times we go out, could you feel the laser eyes burning in the back of your head?

9 minutes ago, peterboat said:

We have to do this most times we go out, could you feel the laser eyes burning in the back of your head?

Indeed, we even had one car run the lights, and only just make it under the closing barrier at the opposite side.

• Greenie 1

Just like Shirley!

Did you like the New Junction? We've loved it all the times we've been there.

(Odd to think I used to work half a mile underneath there)

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Just like Shirley!

Did you like the New Junction? We've loved it all the times we've been there.

(Odd to think I used to work half a mile underneath there)

Yes like Shirley but bigger!  The scale of the New Junction, from the bridges, to the lock, to the bollards on the lock landing, make it a bit different.

35 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Indeed, we even had one car run the lights, and only just make it under the closing barrier at the opposite side.

I have had a lorry remove the barriers at Barnby Dun lift bridge, that was on the entrance to the bridge!! He was then stuck on the bridge screaming at me to lift the barriers which I couldnt do, as he had broke the system. Rush hour traffic you can bet the bridge users were happy with him, plod charged him and CRT were sending him a bill for call out and repairs......................we just stayed the night as they couldnt get it to work after the barrier was damaged

OTLEY leaving Braunston 09 May 2018 (Jacob Harrison)

edit = image deleted as I did not read the rules properly (point 2 - must be your own work)

Edited by pete harrison

I should have added to the opening post that if you are emailing them to me please include your forum name/ID.

Its really difficult to decide between a lovely scenic photo and and the Bridgewater beer style, I'm going to have to ration my greenies, but I'd like titles if that is OK.

17 hours ago, Graham and Jo said:

North of Cosgrove on  Grand Union on 25th September at 7:40 am - first frost of the winter?

That is really beautiful  😊

On 06/11/2018 at 21:00, john6767 said:

Playing with big bridges, New Junction canal, June 2018

58C8BF78-42CB-49CE-A0E5-C6EA46A7DA87.jpeg

Terence tin?