Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
rusty69

How long can a thread discussing how long it takes to mourn the death of a football club chairman run.....

Featured Posts

One to two days.

Two to three Days.

Three to five days.

More than five days

(Don't phone in ,its just for fun)

39 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Has one died then??

:P

I realise I have made a major cock-up in this post, not only are the options wrong,I have come to realise that I don't care how long the post discussing it runs.

Not sure why I posted really!

Edited by rusty69
Disrespectful

Hey you lot.This thread is to discuss the other thread, not the subject itself.

Still,only got myself to blame I spose.

If I was to be speculative I would say so. Listening to the many news reports and others' comments I would say as there was a bang noise, gearbox or summat.

However, I'm not being speculative so I won't speculate.

Photos apparently show one of the tail rotor blades undamaged and still joined on to the hub, which suggests the tail rotor was not spinning on impact with the ground. How this could have happened is deeply perplexing.

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Photos apparently show one of the tail rotor blades undamaged and still joined on to the hub, which suggests the tail rotor was not spinning on impact with the ground. How this could have happened is deeply perplexing.

Tail rotor  drive shaft, or tail rotor bevel box ? .

22 minutes ago, X Alan W said:

Tail rotor  drive shaft, or tail rotor bevel box ? .

I don't really understand the question.

I said the tail rotor blades appear not to have been rotating on impact. You can speculate for yourself why not, or where in the drive train the failure occurred, if there was a failure. Shutting down the engines would stop the tail rotor too, would it not? 

Looking at the video of it coming down I don't think the pilot would have had much chance of doing anything including shutting the engine down.

Nick would be the best person to comment but it looks to me like the centrifugal forces created as it started to spin would have been immense.

9 hours ago, rusty69 said:

One to two days.

Two to three Days.

Three to five days.

More than five days

(Don't phone in ,its just for fun)

This will run for at least ten days,probably more,unless we get something apocalyptic,like the total closure of all canals and rivers to leisure craft!!!!😎😎😎

8 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Hey you lot.This thread is to discuss the other thread, not the subject itself.

Still,only got myself to blame I spose.

Quite right. Too many off topic replies.

11 hours ago, Rickent said:

I'm going for three to five days.:ninja:

Nah, it will be longer than that.

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Quite right. Too many off topic replies

Sheeesh,. Don't ya just hate it when people don't stay on topic, not even on the right thread! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Sheeesh,. Don't ya just hate it when people don't stay on topic, not even on the right thread! 

It's even worse on Mrs Bob's new sewing machine thing when trying to work out the thread to use. Its got a right thread, a left thread and a centre thread. You have to concentrate.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

It's even worse on Mrs Bob's new sewing machine thing when trying to work out the thread to use. Its got a right thread, a left thread and a centre thread. You have to concentrate.

Wot another new machine, you spoil her. I wish this thread had a reversing knob, say 12 hours. 

Edited by rusty69

Just now, rusty69 said:

Wot another new machine, you spoil her. I wish this thread had a reversing knob, say 8 hours. 

If we put our heads together and asked Bizz, maybe he could build you a time machine?

Just now, Dr Bob said:

If we put our heads together and asked Bizz, maybe he could build you a time machine?

You mean a TARBIZZ? 

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You mean a TARBIZZ? 

I remember Jimmy Tarbuck but I didnt know he had a time machine.

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I remember Jimmy Tarbuck but I didnt know he had a time machine.

Sure did. All his jokes came from the 30's

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I don't really understand the question.

I said the tail rotor blades appear not to have been rotating on impact. You can speculate for yourself why not, or where in the drive train the failure occurred, if there was a failure. Shutting down the engines would stop the tail rotor too, would it not? 

It was not really a question, more a musing as to what /if a failure occurred ;a stationary tail rotor is usually one or more failures of the components in question.