Fabsil 'Gold'?

Bro

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

..and of course the important point to pick out of David’s rant is that when he says “Very few people these days use outdated, offensive words to describe people of different races, so why do they find it difficult to employ the same degree of consideration towards women”

misses the point by a mile. There has never been anything derogatory about the word “manhole”. It is just a word to describe an inanimate object. It is therefore NOT an offensive word to 99% of the population 50% of whom are female. Of course, any nutter can say they find a random word offensive but that doesn’t mean it should be pandered to.

That is outrageous.

Edited by rusty69
Thoughts of a random nutter

43 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

It is nothing to do with showing consideration to women. It is about using words that have been around for centuries, in the usual way and not pandering to a tiny minority of silly insecure people (usually of the female gender) who want to make a fuss. They don’t really care what the fuss is about, they just want to make a fuss, although preferably about how hard done by they are due to a group of letters. It’s pathetic.

if you ask 1000 women whether they object to the term “manhole cover”, I’d say 900 of them wouldn’t care, 90 wouldn’t know what a manhole cover is but the remaining 10 would make more noise about how they were OUTRAGED and GROSSLY OFFENDED by it, than the other 990 put together.

Its about time people realised that the “man” in, eg manhole, refers to human. Or are we going to have to stop using “human” and replace it with “hupersonofnonspecificgender”.

I blame you and your employer for encouraging this first world problem which takes up far too much air time, whilst actual problems are ignored. So there.

So very right. My old mum says of the so called modern woman that they are " silly " she always liked the fact that men always showed consideration and opened doors for and doffed their cap to her in the past. She is far from impressed with silly womens lib and would be amazed by anyone daft enough to pretend to be offended like a few do today. Thing is in her time there was enough serious stuff to be concerned about so trivia like " Manhole " covers simply would never have been brought up.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

..and of course the important point to pick out of David’s rant is that when he says “Very few people these days use outdated, offensive words to describe people of different races, so why do they find it difficult to employ the same degree of consideration towards women”

misses the point by a mile. There has never been anything derogatory about the word “manhole”. It is just a word to describe an inanimate object. It is therefore NOT and offensive word to 99% of the population 50% of whom are human. Of course, any nutter can say they find a random word offensive but that doesn’t mean it should be pandered to.

I find it amazing how a simple enquiry about Fabsil becomes bogged down in utter crap about 'Political Correctness'. There was no real purpose to the original comment made,"... i used this product on our 8 man tent (8 persons tent) for wishy washy pc peeps) ..." other than to score some insignificant point somewhere or other. Had one of the so-called 'PC Peeps' posted a mirror image of the same comment as in," I used this product on our 8 person tent ( not 8 'man' tent to you Neanderthals)" they would be rightly ridiculed, so we should be equally free to ridicule the original comment.

Some excellent ranting hereabouts.

On PC matters, my view is (and I make no apologies) there are far too many people looking to find offence where non is really intended.  Such folk generally take themselves too seriously and have a lack of humour ................................... but that's their problem not mine.

Getting back to the topic (sorry), has anyone tried Nikwax 'Cotton proof'?  It's supposedly has no silicone content, is applied with water and according to the blurb is suitable for canvas.

5 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

The technical observations about the product  are clearly vet helpful, so why did you feel  the need to make such an uneccessary  comment?

incase any snowflakes, gay,lesbian,transgengers,black,chinese,north koreans, watford supporters  felt left out and oh yes those snowflakes who think teapots should be labeled bevarge containers.

thats why

next question please

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

I’m most satisfied that you are outraged. It shows that the forum is getting back to normal. 

I'm unimpressed that you are satisfied with my outrage, and i have taken offence that you suggest i am contributing to normality. 

24 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I'm unimpressed that you are satisfied with my outrage, and i have taken offence that you suggest i am contributing to normality. 

You've not got a bet on how long this thread will last as well have you? Coral have got it at 10/1 for 3 days at the moment.

• Haha 1