Fabsil 'Gold'?

Bro

Featured Posts

For a cratch cover made of good canvas (not plastic) would Fabsil 'Gold' be suitable treatment?  If not what would you guys recommend?  I have read somewhere it is best to avoid silicone products.

34 minutes ago, Nut said:

i used this product on our 8 man tent (8 persons tent) for wishy washy pc peeps) ,its brilliant i also did my winter coat when im out and its raining im like a duck

The technical observations about the product  are clearly vet helpful, so why did you feel  the need to make such an uneccessary  comment?

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Every day and with gathering speed our language is being subjected to far too much scrutiny, it will not be long before we have to buy a new dictionary on a weekly basis 

We had the old debate in the office  this week about whether  ''Manholes''' should be called something else !

One new office development we are doing does have gender neutral toilets but that is very unusual . Probably a British thing.

This despite  every domestic residence in the land having  gender neutral toilets and bathrooms  as standard ! 

1 minute ago, MartynG said:

We had the old debate in the office  this week about whether  ''Manholes''' should be called something else !

One new office development we are doing does have gender neutral toilets but that is very unusual . Probably a British thing.

This despite  every domestic residence in the land having  gender neutral toilets and bathrooms  as standard ! 

Yes its true but the difference is most residences are in Private wheras public toilets are not. Many places have had unisex toilets for ages as indeed does our doctors surgery but though the label on the door is mixed use once inside you are on your own as it where ? A sad fact of getting older is I know about doctors surgery toilets as until only about ten or so years ago I didnt visit them.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

I was listening to an interview on tv last week with an actress who described herself as such and mentioned at the time that although she is an actress

.....There was also a bit on the radio that mentioned a Shepherdess. Spose there are Engineeresses and mechanicesses about too as well as Humanessess with pet Lionessessesss,all a bit ridiculessess

Edited by rusty69

Having worked for an employer who encouraged it's employees to use non-gender specific descriptions whenever possible, It now comes as normal to me . I would automaticly call a tent able to accomodate eight people either an eight berth tent or an eigtht person tent. Similarily I naturally call an inspection chamber cover exactly that, where is the problem? Very few people these days use outdated, offensive words to describe people of different races, so why do they find it difficult to employ the same degree of consideration towards women?

Edited by David Schweizer

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes its true but the difference is most residences are in Private wheras public toilets are not. Many places have had unisex toilets for ages as indeed does our doctors surgery but though the label on the door is mixed use once inside you are on your own as it where ? A sad fact of getting older is I know about doctors surgery toilets as until only about ten or so years ago I didnt visit them.

We have been in several bars and clubs which have unisex toilets so it isnt a new thing.

2 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I would automaticly call a tent able to accomodate eight people either an eight berth tent or an eigtht person tent

I wouldn't call it an 8 birth tent. Those blokes who can't give birth might be offended.:)

Edited by rusty69
This is a joke comment and play on the word berth
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

.....There was also a bit on the radio that mentioned a Shepherdess. Spose there are Engineeresses and mechanicesses about too as well as Humanessess with pet Lionessessesss,all a bit ridiculessess

Shepherdess has a long etymological heritage stretching back to Little Bo Peep.

'Nought wrong wi' lion/lioness, dog fox/vixen.

Edited by LadyG

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Shepherdess has a long etymological heritage going back to Little Bo Peep.

I didn't realise she was the first shepperdess! Not a very good one however.If I recall correctly, she lost all her sheep and didn't know where to find them.

Would never of happened if a bloke was doing the job!:ninja:

Edited by rusty69
  • Unimpressed 1

21 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Having worked for an employer who encouraged it's employees to use non-gender specific descriptions whenever possible, It now comes as normal to me . I would automaticly call a tent able to accomodate eight people either an eight berth tent or an eigtht person tent. Similarily I naturally call an inspection chamber cover exactly that, where is the problem? Very few people these days use outdated, offensive words to describe people of different races, so why do they find it difficult to employ the same degree of consideration towards women?

It is nothing to do with showing consideration to women. It is about using words that have been around for centuries, in the usual way and not pandering to a tiny minority of silly insecure people (usually of the female gender) who want to make a fuss. They don’t really care what the fuss is about, they just want to make a fuss, although preferably about how hard done by they are due to a group of letters. It’s pathetic.

if you ask 1000 women whether they object to the term “manhole cover”, I’d say 900 of them wouldn’t care, 90 wouldn’t know what a manhole cover is but the remaining 10 would make more noise about how they were OUTRAGED and GROSSLY OFFENDED by it, than the other 990 put together.

Its about time people realised that the “man” in, eg manhole, refers to human. Or are we going to have to stop using “human” and replace it with “hupersonofnonspecificgender”.

I blame you and your employer for encouraging this first world problem which takes up far too much air time, whilst actual problems are ignored. So there.

• Greenie 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I blame you and your employer for encouraging this first world problem which takes up far too much air time, whilst actual problems are ignored. So there.

Greenie for this bit especially. 

I too struggle to understand why David finds the word "manhole" offensive. Is it the possible double entendre perhaps?

14 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Greenie for this bit especially. 

I too struggle to understand why David finds the word "manhole" offensive. Is it the possible double entendre perhaps?

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

Well, sry, but an inspection hatch could be anything, they are found in car engines for example, perhaps to check timing, but manhole cover is pretty much industry standard for a large iron hatch  [ie a man can go down here, a woman  also].

There already is a word ....  its a stank but only applies north of the border.

Edited by LadyG

15 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

You mean like 'gay'?   :P  (I'm sure you will take this in the spirit it was intended!)

I have absolutely no problem with you using the word “gay” in the way it was used 100 years+ ago. Why would I? It might however be that your intent was misunderstood, but that is your problem not mine!

..and of course the important point to pick out of David’s rant is that when he says “Very few people these days use outdated, offensive words to describe people of different races, so why do they find it difficult to employ the same degree of consideration towards women”

misses the point by a mile. There has never been anything derogatory about the word “manhole”. It is just a word to describe an inanimate object. It is therefore NOT an offensive word to 99% of the population 50% of whom are female. Of course, any nutter can say they find a random word offensive but that doesn’t mean it should be pandered to.

Edited by nicknorman