Batteries

caroline louise

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

I would disagree with 1200 rpm at first IF the ammeter shows you get a higher charge at higher revs. Once the charge falls so 1200 rpm is giving the highest charge I fully agree.

You are correct, I was thinking engine vibration rather than charging efficiency, probably I should have said at least 1200rpm for a modern Japanese diesel.

On 18/11/2018 at 21:50, Alan de Enfield said:

Tow rope (because the battery was flat)

No wrong. Posted wrong shot. That is indeed a mains cable . However it goes from the garage where the van is parked when we are in the uk to the henhouse. Just to upset you though here is todays camp site.

no power no toilets just tranquility.

F7C9ECD6-E9F1-4C7C-9E05-E3C53CAEC39B.jpeg

On 19/11/2018 at 09:58, Chewbacka said:

The other problem with idle speed engine for charging is at low rpm there is a lot of low frequency vibration and ‘shock’ from combustion that puts an increased amount of shock loading into the pulley fixing on the end of the engine and the clutch pulley on the end of the alternator.  It is not as bad when cruising at very low rpm because there is a lot more mass from the drive train (gear box, flex coupling and prop shaft) that will help to dampen the vibrations.  Hence about 1200rpm for charging is much better.

Yes it does vibrate rather a lot at idle, which is 800rpm for my engine. I have been using 1000 which makes a big difference.

Thanks for the advice.

You can go up the murray or down the murray, or along the murray. You can anchor in mid stream only.

In the winter it floods in the summer it droughts. Last time i saw the wharf at swan hill the water was 18 feet below the deck of the wharf. The banks are private.

a model crt im sure would love. 

The 14 day rule so wouldnt work

43 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

You can go up the murray or down the murray, or along the murray. You can anchor in mid stream only.

In the winter it floods in the summer it droughts. Last time i saw the wharf at swan hill the water was 18 feet below the deck of the wharf. The banks are private.

a model crt im sure would love. 

The 14 day rule so wouldnt work

I used to like Murray mints.