Multi-fuel Stove

Anna-Claire

Featured Posts

Evening,

I'm looking for a good multifuel stove, my boat is 43ft and dutch barge, I would like to spend no more than £400 on one.

Any recommendations?

I'd like a sleek modern designe if possible.

Also when it comes to installing whats the best thing to use between the wood and the tile where it will be placed to stop it burning the wood.

Any advice would be fab thanks.

I think your boat may need quite a high output stove.  Your budget will heavily restrict your options I think.

The "Boatman" (already mentioned) is about the only safe option at that price but I don't know if a 4kW maximum output stove will heat a barge to the degree you require.

My boat currently has a machine mart 8kw stove in it which is :

A) ridiculous overkill for a 32ft narrowbeam

B) Absolutely deadly in my opinion as its so poorly made. 

Boatman stove on order and hopefully coming next week so I can scrap the hideous poorly made death trap

• Greenie 3

I have a Boatman in a 45ft cruiser stern. In the depths of winter it can get the boat to unbearable temperatures, e.g 30C at head height, if I I forget to regulate it. This can happen even though the stove itself remains within an acceptable temperature range. 

IMHO, it shouldn’t have too much trouble with a 43ft barge.

• Greenie 1

30C unbearable? It's a good job you live up north, that's a normal summer afternoon down here! But it does get uncomfortable if doing any exercise, so if I'm unloading coal or digging my garden on a day like that I like to do it in the morning or evening if possible.

20 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

I have a Boatman in a 45ft cruiser stern. In the depths of winter it can get the boat to unbearable temperatures, e.g 30C at head height, if I I forget to regulate it. This can happen even though the stove itself remains within an acceptable temperature range. 

IMHO, it shouldn’t have too much trouble with a 43ft barge.

Well, you need an eco fan to distibute the heat! ?

For something that will keep you warm, last more than a season and have an installation that won't kill you, you may need to up your budget. At least two-fold, possibly three.