Writer needs winter boat accommodation at Oxford

TheGrifter

Featured Posts

Does anyone with a boat moored at or near Oxford wish to rent it out as accommodation-only to a writer this winter?  I am keen to do this in order to research the third of the Jumping Jack Flash series of crime thrillers which are set across Britain's canal network.  The first is published next May 2019 and is called Canal Pushers.  I would now like to do some research for the third book which will be set on Oxford's canal and rivers.  I will pay a reasonable rent to stay on a comfortable mooring for one to two weeks this winter.  Can anyone help? 

I hope that someone will - but do be aware that private narrowboat rental is fraught with legal difficulties regarding insurance for example. May I suggest that you approach a hire fleet operator such as Oxfordshire Narrowboats at Heyford; they may rent one to you during their closed season. Or they may not, but they're worth a try.

6 minutes ago, TheGrifter said:

Does anyone with a boat moored at or near Oxford wish to rent it out as accommodation-only to a writer this winter?  I am keen to do this in order to research the third of the Jumping Jack Flash series of crime thrillers which are set across Britain's canal network.  The first is published next May 2019 and is called Canal Pushers.  I would now like to do some research for the third book which will be set on Oxford's canal and rivers.  I will pay a reasonable rent to stay on a comfortable mooring for one to two weeks this winter.  Can anyone help? 

Personally, I'd go and write a book about the Florida Keys, but each to his own, eh?  ;)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

There are loads of firms renting out narrow boats for two week holidays. College Cruisers right in oxford are your best bet. 

Quite correct. Not only do they do winter hire they have boats with solid fuel stoves.