How are CRT doing

mayalld

Rate CRT's performance  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Considering the whole time since CRT took over from BW, do you consider;

• That CRT has been a resounding success, and could hardly have done better
    • That there are things that CRT have done badly, but that on balance the positives outweigh the negatives
    • That the balance of good and bad is about equal
    • That there are things that CRT have done well, but that on balance the negatives outweigh the positives
    • That CRT has been an unmitigated disaster, and could hardly have done worse
  2. 2. Looking at the past 12 months, do you feel that CRT;

• Has Improved
    • Has stayed the same
    • Has got worse

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Does the result count or will it be ignored like the brexit vote

? In what way was the Brexit vote ignored? The electorate, surprisingly, voted to leave, and that's what we're doing.

38 minutes ago, Tanglewood said:
  1. Listen to the complaints.  Richard Parry said he was going to do this, but it was so uncomfortable, he abandoned the idea.  People only complain when something goes wrong.  
  2. Stop making stupid decisions and then defending them - the biggest this year was the whole re-branding issue and the misinformation about the cost and the way the brand was going to be rolled out.

What has really tickled me is that CRT have won some (apparently) prestigious award for 'openness and transparency' when countless folk on here, have from time to time expressed the view that getting any reliable consistent information  from CRT is like standing in front of a brick wall and hammering it with ones's head.

I agree with this but also I’d like to see a proper breakdown of accounts which is relevant to boaters and more money being spent on maintenence of the navigation.

There is clearly something wrong if it’s true that they spent more money on their car fleet than dredging. It makes you wonder what the true cost breakdown is for the empire? It seems pretty hidden to me.

On a more positive note, I’m encouraged that not many believe C&RT are a disaster, even I don’t believe that!  

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, Athy said:

? In what way was the Brexit vote ignored? The electorate, surprisingly, voted to leave, and that's what we're doing.

..... if only our government were able to actually come up with a plan!

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

..... if only our government were able to actually come up with a plan!

Surely their endless dicking about over this is to ensure there is NO plan, then they will gracefully give in to public pressure for a second referendum, and bingo, the decision will be reversed!

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Surely their endless dicking about over this is to ensure there is NO plan, then they will gracefully give in to public pressure for a second referendum, and bingo, the decision will be reversed!

I genuinely have no idea what they will do.

Which puts me in exactly the same place as them, I think!

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes you do. I just told you!

?

I very much hope you are right, but I am far from confident anyone will allow a vote on the deal (or lack of it) that is finally offered.  I'd love to be wrong!

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

If this pole was run on a cycling forum and there are a hell of a lot more cyclists than boaters then the results may well be somewhat different.

Don't bring the Poles into it, theyre just after the carp and will be going home next April anyway.....whatever the Government promises/fudges...

• Horror 1

4 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I very much hope you are right, but I am far from confident anyone will allow a vote on the deal (or lack of it) that is finally offered.  I'd love to be wrong!

On the morning after the referendum and I woke up to the radio giving us the dreadful news, my immediate thought was that the political elite in power will simply not allow this to happen. They will engineer a second referendum to give the proletariat the opportunity to correct their godawful misinformed mistake. 

And the more time that passes, the more likely it seems to me my drowsy, emotional response and forecast will actually come to pass. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dogless said:

Is it not possible to restrict the brexit nonsense to the brexit thread?

At least that way it can be given the appropriate consideration.

Rog

I haven't seen any brexit 'nonsense' on this thread yet. All of the 'nonsense' so far has been on the 'brexit' thread Shirley, innit. 

• Unimpressed 1

1 hour ago, dogless said:

Is it not possible to restrict the brexit nonsense to the brexit thread?

At least that way it can be given the appropriate consideration.  be avoided by non-insomniacs.

Rog

A suggested edit.

Is it time to eat my hat yet?

Having caught up with the posts here, I do detect a slight change in attitude to C&RT as an organisation over recent months. I just hope everyone who has a strong view feed it back to C&RT. 

I’ve found Mr Parry will sometimes answer directly to correspondence   (fair play) but whether the organisation acts upon promises is another thing. I hope so.

1 hour ago, rowland al said:

Is it time to eat my hat yet?

Having caught up with the posts here, I do detect a slight change in attitude to C&RT as an organisation over recent months. I just hope everyone who has a strong view feed it back to C&RT. 

I’ve found Mr Parry will sometimes answer directly to correspondence   (fair play) but whether the organisation acts upon promises is another thing. I hope so.

Could it be that the change in attitude mirrors a change in performance from CRT?

This rather mirrors what I said in the other thread. The site doesn't have a pro-CRT or anti-CRT stance.

It (collectively) has a balanced view, that reflects the current performance

34 minutes ago, mayalld said:

Could it be that the change in attitude mirrors a change in performance from CRT?

This rather mirrors what I said in the other thread. The site doesn't have a pro-CRT or anti-CRT stance.

It (collectively) has a balanced view, that reflects the current performance

Yes and no. Maybe everyone just wanted to prove I’m wrong. ?

In all seriousness, it is somewhat worrying and as Naughty Cal asked, what are we going to do about it? Are you going to give up on pushing forward your FOI request for example?

1 hour ago, rowland al said:

Yes and no. Maybe everyone just wanted to prove I’m wrong. ?

In all seriousness, it is somewhat worrying and as Naughty Cal asked, what are we going to do about it? Are you going to give up on pushing forward your FOI request for example?

I will be progressing things in my own way!

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Tanglewood said:

Flip me!  Did you sell that answer to CRT or buy it from them? 

:-)

The beauty of it is that I am just me, and can do as I please.

Nobody pays me any licence fees, so I consider myself free to conduct my business not subject to the public scrutiny that CRT are subject to.

14 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Doubt it Mike we is leaving, I can feel the winnings from my bet in my pocket already, no second vote and no deal  I suspect