How are CRT doing

mayalld

Rate CRT's performance  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Considering the whole time since CRT took over from BW, do you consider;

• That CRT has been a resounding success, and could hardly have done better
    • That there are things that CRT have done badly, but that on balance the positives outweigh the negatives
    • That the balance of good and bad is about equal
    • That there are things that CRT have done well, but that on balance the negatives outweigh the positives
    • That CRT has been an unmitigated disaster, and could hardly have done worse
  2. 2. Looking at the past 12 months, do you feel that CRT;

• Has Improved
    • Has stayed the same
    • Has got worse

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, mayalld said:

In another thread, this site has been accused of being pro-CRT, and there was a suggestion of a poll with two options.

Well, we know how well two option polls work, so that isn't what you get from me!

Actually the poll I had in mind was more to do with C&RT’s management with respect to boating. Obviously those here who enjoy the canals for other functions may vote more favourably.

I wonder if the forums 'feelings' will mirror the 'official' results :

Boating customer satisfaction** 76% (Target 72%)

Visitor satisfaction 85% (Target 86%) 
Regular visitor numbers to reach each fortnight (from our monthly surveys) 4.3m (target 4.5m)

Number of days of unplanned navigation closures within our control (individual instances over 48hrs) 549 (Target of 400)

If only 3/4 of my customers were satisfied with my performance I'd be working hard to find out why and what I needed to do to increase it.

** Customer satisfaction amongst our boat licence holders is based on the March 2018 survey which includes all new boaters since 2016 so is
not fully representative of the boating population. Customer satisfaction across the three waves of our surveys since 2016 together is 71%

4 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

I don't think 7 responses can be considered very balanced!

At the time I posted there was only one response (hence the CURRENTLY proviso)

Edited by Alan de Enfield

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I wonder if the forums 'feelings' will mirror the 'official' results :

Boating customer satisfaction** 76% 

Visitor satisfaction 85%
Regular visitor numbers to reach each fortnight (from our monthly surveys) 4.3m 

Number of days of unplanned navigation closures within our control (individual instances over 48hrs) 549

** Customer satisfaction amongst our boat licence holders is based on the March 2018 survey which includes all new boaters since 2016 so is
not fully representative of the boating population. Customer satisfaction across the three waves of our surveys since 2016 together is 71%

One of my jobs, when working for a large national charity, was to collate figures annually so as to show the government how we were spending their money wisely and in accordance with their strategies, and exceeding the targets set.

It may be that CRT don’t work in the same way that I was encouraged to, but since I invented the targets that would show how far the charity exceeded the targets (you get the drift?) it is easy to be cynical about CRt’s figures.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, rowland al said:

Actually the poll I had in mind was more to do with C&RT’s management with respect to boating. Obviously those here who enjoy the canals for other functions may vote more favourably.

If you have a poll in mind, then anybody including you can create one.

1 hour ago, Nut said:

when people spend other peoples money they are careless and squander it, if they were accountable or it was their own it would be a different story

When I was working there was a simple rule for anyone placing an order:  "If you were ordering something, would you be happy spending that amount of money on that item or service if it was your own money?"

4 minutes ago, Halsey said:

Did we really need a poll to tell us this - its a bit like these £50k University research projects the gov't sponsors all the time to tell us what we already know

Happily, nobody is getting £50k for this survey

9 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I tried that but kept getting an error. Basically Dave’s poll is fine but it won’t give an indication of how just boaters feel. 

14 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Tried that but kept getting an error. Dave’s poll is fine but it won’t give a true indication of what just boaters feel. 

6 minutes ago, rowland al said:

I tried that but kept getting an error. Basically Dave’s poll is fine but it won’t give an indication of how just boaters feel. 

Tried that but kept getting an error. Dave’s poll is fine but it won’t give a true indication of what just boaters feel. 

There’s an echo here. 

4 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

For those who are not happy with CRT, what suggestions would they make for how they can improve?

1. Listen to the complaints.  Richard Parry said he was going to do this, but it was so uncomfortable, he abandoned the idea.  People only complain when something goes wrong.  
  2. Stop making stupid decisions and then defending them - the biggest this year was the whole re-branding issue and the misinformation about the cost and the way the brand was going to be rolled out.

What has really tickled me is that CRT have won some (apparently) prestigious award for 'openness and transparency' when countless folk on here, have from time to time expressed the view that getting any reliable consistent information  from CRT is like standing in front of a brick wall and hammering it with ones's head.

• Greenie 1