Has it gone out?

rusty69

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I like Chewbackas solution too.

Still awaiting mr Bizzards fiendishly cunning solution though, perhaps he's still fine tuning the details 

Bizzardesk (get it?) position a mirror on the outside of the roof, that you can see from bed and point it at the chimney.....

If you have an Ecofan, surely the fact that hot air wil be blasting into your bedroom as several hundred cubic feet a minute, (or that this will have stopped happening), can leave no ambiguity in the matter whatsoever?

1 minute ago, alan_fincher said:

If you have an Ecofan, surely the fact that hot air wil be blasting into your bedroom as several hundred cubic feet a minute, (or that this will have stopped happening), can leave no ambiguity in the matter whatsoever?

Apparently not, there's a bedroom door involved!

3 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Oooh Blimey.............Whats an Ecofan? please tell me more!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jennifer McM said:

Apparently not, there's a bedroom door involved!

Very few bedroom door locks are strong enough to hold back an Ecofan that is working properly.  If the bedroom door is staying closed, to me it suggests the fire has already gone out.

• Haha 2

Very few bedroom door locks are strong enough to hold back an Ecofan that is working properly.  If the bedroom door is staying closed, to me it suggests the fire has already gone out.

Its a sliding door:)

• Haha 1

Hang about. What do you mean by 'out'. This is a non definable term unless you actual mean when is the stove at the temperature of the room. This is vey unlikely to be the case if stoked up properly overnight as the stove will have considerable residual heat. Are you meaning finding out when it has down to 50 deg C or 43.5 deg C? If so you need to be more specific. This then rules out the 'dog' approach as you will need an accurately calibrated dog. If you are aiming for 42deg C, you will need a dog calibrated to to 42deg C. Absolutely no use if he gets into you bed when it is 37.9 deg C. Calibration of dogs is not easy but perhaps a little simpler than calibrating Smartgauges. 

• Haha 2

How do you expect people tohelp you if you fail to supply complete information?

I give up!

You are right. I have. 

1.An eco fan clone

2.A sliding door (shut at night) 

3.A morso squirrel 

4.Spiderman pyjamas 

5.Two cats

5 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

My bedroom door opens towards the fan.  I can't get up til the fire dies down!

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Calibration of dogs is not easy but perhaps a little simpler than calibrating Smartgauges. 

Some people choose to have three SmartGauges, but absolutely no dogs.

This must surely tell you something?

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My bedroom door opens towards the fan.  I can't get up til the fire dies down!

You could try turning the fan around to face the other way before you go to bed?

Edited by alan_fincher
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Hang about. What do you mean by 'out'. This is a non definable term unless you actual mean when is the stove at the temperature of the room

I mean, it is a deceased squirrel, 'E's passed on! This squirrel  is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! E's an EX squirrel. 

I am now confused. Has the coal ceased to burn so cannot be relighted? Has the squirrel expired so can never be brought back to life (in which case what is the point of getting up), or has the stove gone out for a walk on the towpath? I would suggest you do all you can from letting them from going for a walk on their own as they may slip on the frosty path and fall in and sink.

Why not just get a duck. They will tell you when to send Mrs Rusty down to refill.

8 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Some people choose to have three SmartGauges, but absolutely no dogs.

This must surely tell you something?

Yes, but some people have to have something that keeps their mind active as they get older. Calibration of dogs is not enough of a challenge so they resort to calibrating three Smartgauges. I am not convinced it helps though.

3 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

I'm interested Mr Rusty, what do you intend to do if:

1.  The fire is out?

2.  The fire is not out?

Surely if it's out, you'll have to get up to re-light it.

If it's not out, you'll have to get up to make sure it doesn't go out.

1.Get up much later when it has warmed up outside.

2.Stay in bed as it's already going.

Recap.....stay in bed!