Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
LadyG

Caledonia

Featured Posts

peace perfect peace, 

Edited by LadyG
K 17 was Sceptre , 12 metre yacht, 1958 Americas Cup contender

Hadn't heard this before - Very soothing, uplifting and peaceful, much more so than the only other 'Caldonia' I know, by Louis Jordan's Tympany Five.

10 minutes ago, Athy said:

Hadn't heard this before - Very soothing, uplifting and peaceful, much more so than the only other 'Caldonia' I know, by Louis Jordan's Tympany Five.

When you take the 'e' out, it lets in the noise.

12 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

When you take the 'e' out, it lets in the noise.

Tee-hee. Louis (and, a little later, the even more frantic Lord Lebby) did spell it that way.

I have memories of sailing from Oban down the West coast to Falmouth and then across to Le Harve, on a 55ft Nicholson yacht a lifetime ago. As we left Oban we ran into a force 5 gusting to chucking-up. 

Whilst I love the imagery, serenity in the video,  struggling to reconcile it with the terrors of the deep we experienced those first days,

I was offered and took a place as crew couple of years later, Portsmouth to Gib,  happy days experience, may have something to do with a particularly lovely lass I got to know on the trip.  

This is not meant to be the start of a war stories saga, just saying.

• Happy 1

On 26/10/2018 at 10:01, Athy said:

Very soothing

It's a little less soothing but equally as enjoyable when being hollered full belt round King's Cross Station by a bunch of football louts I mean supporters heading down  to watch Rangers play Pompey. :D