Central heating webasto

Rory_d

Featured Posts

Hi

i would expect to have totally finished the boat with several grand!

the labour your putting into it is the bulk of the expense.

materials ply whether faced or not, and flooring and clearing up kitchen second hand or ikea.

main thing get a account with tool station lol

they deliver for free lol

Can anybody confirm

if this is the right loom for my webasto burner? The eBay item number is 111634339457

ive ordered a bog standard 12v timer switch off eBay and am hoping maybe that with a new wiring loom and the 12v timer switch the heater should fire up?

im having a nightmare with this atm! Just want to get it up and running!

• hi there

sorry I haven’t been out for a while, as haven’t been thar great.

seriously if I was you I buy  the recon system like rob bought, and warrenteed for the £320.

to pay £75 on  a loom, for a old unit that may have somthing wrong with it. It could be a pump fault, or simply need a service

but it’s a gamble, so is life. What I do know that unit on your boat hasn’t been working for years, and if it did work, past recent owners would have highlighted the fact

i buy the recon one, try out the one you have after either keep it as a spare, or sell it on flea bay

all the best

col

8 hours ago, Rory_d said:

Can anybody confirm

if this is the right loom for my webasto burner? The eBay item number is 111634339457

ive ordered a bog standard 12v timer switch off eBay and am hoping maybe that with a new wiring loom and the 12v timer switch the heater should fire up?

im having a nightmare with this atm! Just want to get it up and running!

You seem to be thrashing about in the dark here. Are you buying a loom simply on the off chance this is the problem? Chances of a new loom fixing it are pretty slim unless you know for a fact now the loom is the fault. 

Did you ever ever find the manual and read the fault tracing section?

I am going to fully service the webasto burner and try for a re-wire. 

I suspect its it’s a major wiring fault as there’s cut wires and badly crimped ones all over the place. 

The wiring is an absolute mess and from what I can see from the manual it doesn’t match the diagrams on there.

il do a full rewire and service as per the manual and hopefully it will burst into life :)

1 minute ago, Rory_d said:

I am going to fully service the webasto burner and try for a re-wire. 

I suspect its it’s a major wiring fault as there’s cut wires and badly crimped ones all over the place. 

The wiring is an absolute mess and from what I can see from the manual it doesn’t match the diagrams on there.

il do a full rewire and service as per the manual and hopefully it will burst into life :)

As a professional boiler fault-tracer, I don’t find ‘hoping’ a particularly effective strategy. 

Hypothesise and test, or follow the fault-finding flow chart! 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Rory_d said:

It’s working, fitted the new loom put a 12v to the switches live for the control panel and it’s running perfectly!! Happy days!!

Your very lucky well done, did you get a fuel pump for it

col

6 minutes ago, Rory_d said:

It was all there! Luckily the only part I’ve had to get is a wiring loom, now I know it’s working all the rads etc can come out to be replaced and replumbed :)

Congratulations and well done!!! 

You are clearly very resourceful and will make a great boater. 

11 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Congratulations and well done!!! 

You are clearly very resourceful and will make a great boater. 

Situations like this mike don’t happen to us,we are never that lucky lol

well done to Rory tho, met him other day, nice guy and very resourceful.

i am right am I ?, the webasto thermotop has a stand alone fuel pump?

the eberspacher has a built in fuel pump

39 minutes ago, bigcol said:

Situations like this mike don’t happen to us,we are never that lucky lol

well done to Rory tho, met him other day, nice guy and very resourceful.

The Webasto Thermo Top  has a separate fuel pump and normally has an integrated water ciculating pump on the side of the unit.

8 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

You're right about the Eberspacher - if it had a separate fuel pump I'd have soundproofed the damned thing by now! Clonk! Clonk! Clonk! I daren't run my heating for long in case an enemy submarine gets a fix on me. :captain:

Thanks guys, seems to me that the water was being heated by a 240 v heating element in the calorifier and was being circulated using the 240 heating pump pictured earlier. I he webasto was obviously decommissioned to make it easier to run when moored yo with 240 hook up.

now it’s all working properly again I can have all the comforts whilst out and about :)