Liveaboard issues

Mac10

Featured Posts

54 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

That's terrible. I hope you weren't in it at the time.

Have you ever lived in a Lorry or a phone booth?:giggles:

(They're bigger on the inside ya know)

Ive been petrol bombed in a transit van!! Does that count?

• Horror 1

59 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Jodie Whittaker does not live in it full time ,You do realise that Laurie?

I am pleased with myself now. I had to google the name Jodie Whittaker to see who she was ?

When we lived on our boat in london ( with a mooring)  we had the full range of crt services. 2 mooring rings and a tap and sanitary station . They were 1 mile away with towpath only access. It was nearly a mile to where we could park off road not to bother others. Somehow in spite of no solar old electrics  no phones and old boats we survived. Probably by being clean neat tidy making the boats shiny and not putting our heads above the parapet and pissing off the locals, or being entitled . We were in local clubs, and teams and our associates  lived in boats and ( capitalist scum) houses...

• Greenie 2

3 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

When we lived on our boat in london ( with a mooring)  we had the full range of crt services. 2 mooring rings and a tap and sanitary station . They were 1 mile away with towpath only access. It was nearly a mile to where we could park off road not to bother others. Somehow in spite of no solar old electrics  no phones and old boats we survived. Probably by being clean neat tidy making the boats shiny and not putting our heads above the parapet and pissing off the locals, or being entitled . We were in local clubs, and teams and our associates  lived in boats and ( capitalist scum) houses...

So its your fault this new era started then?

• Greenie 1

If the OP had actually shown any interest in the discussion (which she hasn't, yet, anyway) there might be a worthwhile one about whether there might be a practical way to provide relatively cheap housing on the waterways.  It is, after all, a rather fine lifestyle, the basics aren't expensive if one is satisfied with comfort rather than luxury, and there is a real need for affordable homes.  One thing's fairly sure though - it wouldn't be anywhere near London.  I do think some people forget there's a fair bit of landscape out there beyond the capital.

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If the OP had actually shown any interest in the discussion (which she hasn't, yet, anyway) there might be a worthwhile one about whether there might be a practical way to provide relatively cheap housing on the waterways.  It is, after all, a rather fine lifestyle, the basics aren't expensive if one is satisfied with comfort rather than luxury, and there is a real need for affordable homes.  One thing's fairly sure though - it wouldn't be anywhere near London.  I do think some people forget there's a fair bit of landscape out there beyond the capital.

Careful - London has only become what it is today because people kept passing on how great it was!!?

1 minute ago, Halsey said:

Careful - London has only become what it is today because people kept passing on how great it was!!?

Yeah, yaeh lovely lovely place innitt.............why the hell would anyone want to live anywhere else. Picturesque tower blocks, no crime, nice steady pace of life.....................?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Halsey said:

So its your fault this new era started then?

Oh yes when we arrived at cowley in our 45 ft colecraft  in 1980 they didnt talk to us for some time. Place was full of knackered ricky motors and buttys. We got accepted when when it became obvious we were serious. Then we ended up with a pair of old knackers

• Greenie 1