lost thread

Featured Posts

35 minutes ago, Phoenix_V said:

could you send me a link I cant find it.

No I do actually think it has vanished, it was probably locked pending 'moderator discussion' and then deleted when they decide they didn't particularly like it.

10 minutes ago, MJG said:

No I do actually think it has vanished, it was probably locked pending 'moderator discussion' and then deleted when they decide they didn't particularly like it.

Oh no I cant believe that of our mods even if they felt there was something amiss surely they would have told me!

1 minute ago, Phoenix_V said:

Oh no I cant believe that of our mods even if they felt there was something amiss surely they would have told me!

I agree - if you have had a thread removed it should be discussed.

Have you checked your messages?

That's quite likely, Phoenix. I've been out of the country and returned only yesterday evening, so I have no knowledge of the thread. It may be that, as I gather that the march was about Brexit, it was considered that it duplicated the long-running (interminable, some would say) thread which covers that topic. Perhaps the threads have been merged?

2 minutes ago, MJG said:

I agree - if you have had a thread removed it should be discussed.

While discussing moderation I had a post (perfectly innocuous) edit by a mod and no explanation.  Can't remember which one or what was changed but I found it insulting that they should change it and not explain why.

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

That's quite likely, Phoenix. I've been out of the country and returned only yesterday evening, so I have no knowledge of the thread. It may be that, as I gather that the march was about Brexit, it was considered that it duplicated the long-running (interminable, some would say) thread which covers that topic. Perhaps the threads have been merged?

I cant find it, it was about who from the forum was going, a legitimate separate topic surely?

9 minutes ago, MJG said:

yes

Edited by Phoenix_V

17 minutes ago, Athy said:

That's quite likely, Phoenix. I've been out of the country and returned only yesterday evening, so I have no knowledge of the thread.

You may find this surprising but the internet in other countries is exactly the same internet we have here.

Being abroad does not prevent you from reading this site, sending or receiving emails, or even undertaking your duties as a mod!

Hope that helps...

:D

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You may find this surprising but the internet in other countries is exactly the same internet we have here.

Being abroad does not prevent you from reading this site, sending or receiving emails, or even undertaking your duties as a mod!

Hope that helps...

:D

I don't think Athy treats his desktop computer to holidays abroad. :)

• Greenie 1

Just now, Nut said:

what that march that is trying to undermine a democratic vote you know where we voted to leave that un elected gravy train

You might want to take that to the Brexit thread. You can then blather on about the march there with the rest of us.

I'll put you right over there.

3 minutes ago, bizzard said:

I don't think Athy treats his desktop computer to holidays abroad. :)

Particularly given it's size.....

Athy's PC.PNG

20 minutes ago, MJG said:

You might want to take that to the Brexit thread. You can then blather on about the march there with the rest of us.

I'll put you right over there.

Particularly given it's size.....

Athy's PC.PNG

Before t'internet, the Civil Service had one like that to make sure we all got paid every month, but we had to wear white coats when we went in to the inner sanctum ... which was probably quite appropriate .

50 minutes ago, Jerra said:

While discussing moderation I had a post (perfectly innocuous) edit by a mod and no explanation.  Can't remember which one or what was changed but I found it insulting that they should change it and not explain why.

The rules say that we cannot discuss moderation decisions so you may find this thread gets deleted as well.

Any questions concerning the running of the site or moderator decisions must be sent using the report link, by PM to the moderation team, or by e-mail to support@canalworld.net. The site owner and moderators will discuss problems privately and individually but NOT in the open forum

1 hour ago, MJG said:

I've yet to be invited to one of these discussions. Wot's going on?

? [the disappointed but relieved emoticom].

Edited by LadyG

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I've yet to be invited to one of these discussion I suspect a conspiracy

I can only recount what I have been previously told happens...........

But nothing much surprises me these days TBH.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Confused - am I the only one ?

Given its been zapped - does it matter?

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I've yet to be invited to one of these discussions. Wot's going on?

? [the disappointed but relieved emoticom].

Maybe you have not yet reached the level of the 'inner sanctum' - do you have lunch in the boardroom , or in the canteen ?

3 minutes ago, MJG said:

Given its been zapped - does it matter?

Only in as much as there was a thread started a few weeks ago, which has 'disappeared', and allegedly one started yesterday (by the same person) and that has disappeared but - the OP of both threads doesn't seem to be aware that it was / maybe was two different threads.