Webasto fuel connection

Nessa

Featured Posts

Hi guys ! Do you know if webasto need separte fuel line according to safety regulations or it could be connected to the same what engine because I have option to do so and that would save me a lot of time.  Thanks 

Edited by Nessa

I fitted a separate supply to mine. Simply drilled a hole in the side of the tank with a hole cutter as high up as physically possible.Inserted the supply tube-had to gently bend the tube slightly to get it in the tank and cut to ensure it was clear of the bottom to avoid future "sludge". Although the filter has an on /off "knob" will be fitting a separate full bore isolating tap as close to tank outlet as I did develop a leak on the inlet side of the filter. Human error on my part failed to seal the threaded connection with the advised "Locktite". Would also suggest that the designed size of the engine fuel pipe is to ensure satisfactory supply.

Be sure to make your fuel take off for the Webasto sit higher in the tank than that of the engine fuel supply so that your heater would  run out of fuel before it can empty your tank sufficiently to deny you propulsion. This in itself is sufficient reason for not sharing the engine fuel line.