Thorneycroft 1.5 sump pump replacement

Amh300

Featured Posts

Hi,

I've finally got round to servicing the engine on my NB. The spring/washers/ etc inside the sump pump (photos attached) are all broken and I can't use the pump to drain the sump. I'd like to buy a replacement. Anyone know who might supply one? Also, anyone had experience replacing the pump - is it (in theory) a straightforward exercise?

Thanks

Andrew  

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Where are you moored cos I got one going spare in my shed. Hope to go to boat on Friday (Napton). for a few days. If you can pick it up you're welcome to it 

Frank

Just looked it up on Aquafax. They're taking the *** *** . To stress, you're welcome to it for free

Edited by Slim

11 minutes ago, Amh300 said:

Thanks both. V helpful. Frank - I'm London-based. I'd be happy to buy it off you, pay a bit extra plus postage, whatever. email me direct a.harmer[at]qmul.ac.uk if ur interested. 

Roughly where in London? I live in Watford

7 minutes ago, Amh300 said:

Thanks Mikexx,

Stupid question but...will the oil from the sump come spurting out when the pump is removed?

Cheers  

I shouldn't think so, I'm sure the top end of the pipe is well above the oil level given the pump is bolted to the exhaust port of the heat exchanger.

If you run the engine there may be sufficient crankcase gases to push the oil out, but I doubt that would be the case either. I would be wary of running the engine just in case.

Ahm300

PM me with location details and I should be able to deliver it when I get back from the boat. I'm widowed and retired so I have plenty of time so don't worry on that front.

The pump, which I've dug out of the shed, is complete with fittings, a bracket, lever ball valve and flexible pipe. You should be able to pick and mix  as you prefer. The male thread on the pump itself is 3/8 bsp.

Frank